- Reference: CJ45164
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- To lead delivery of equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
- Generate concepts/ideas that revolve around equipment/fixture type solutions.
- Design equipment/fixtures with deliverables that are aligned with the requirements of the manufacturing process stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Process Development Group on new product introductions on the design & sourcing of custom equipment.
- Obtain an in-depth knowledge of our existing manufacturing processes to enable cost reduction opportunities to be identified and assessed for appropriateness.
- Generate & manage a detailed Project Plan that ensures equipment/fixture solutions are implemented into the manufacturing area in an effective & timely fashion. Successful implementation will involve building up a strong working relationship with all the manufacturing process stakeholders.
- Work closely with our in-house Engineering Workshop in getting equipment/fixtures fabricated. Or identify a suitable external engineering fabrication shop where appropriate.
- Collaborate with external design houses to identify equipment solutions appropriate for the company’s manufacturing processes.
- Support the company’s cost reduction goals.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of new technologies on the market by reviewing Trade & Industry publications, attending exhibitions and interfacing with colleagues at other company sites.
- Have a working knowledge of the Machinery Directive 98/37/EC (i.e. CE marking) as it pertains to machinery design, fabrication and testing.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloísa Ruiz on 021 4911063 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!