- Reference: GJ43316
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager will provide technical leadership and mentoring for the Galway Plant 2 Manufacturing Engineering Teams.
Promoting and driving COS principles to drive continuous improvement and stability to the businesses supported.
Providing technical expertise and leadership for the Manufacturing Engineering function across the production Value Streams.
Ensure seamless transition of new product development projects to the manufacturing floor in line with Business and Operations objectives.
Contribute to Operations strategic and tactical decision-making and developing and administrating budgets.
Ensure compliance to Corporate, Divisional and Site procedures along with safety regulations and internal and external regulatory requirements.
Hire, coach and develop new and existing direct reports, promoting continuous improvement, foster team working and develop skills for career advancement.
Share accountability with the Plant Operations Management team for the development of a strong pipeline of talent at all levels across the organization. You will maintain operating mechanisms to review and respond to measures per the QPI’s and KPI’s.
Develop and foster use of strong engineering expertise, A3 problem solving methodology and project management skills for the achievement of operations goals and objectives deployed within the site.
Representing the Plant 2 Operations team as the value stream contact for one of the businesses supported.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Strong experience in process technology and validation, proven Project management skills and team development and influencing skills.
- Experienced manager with proven leadership skills, multi-tasking skills, process improvement tools (DRM, Six Sigma), decision making & judgment skills and influencing skills are desirable.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole on 091-706713 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!