- Reference: GJ43316
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Production
The Plant/Production Manager reports to VP of Global Manufacturing, Engineering and Lean, and will work closely with other Plant Managers, Safety & Environmental Manager, Engineering, Finance, R&D, Sales, Marketing, Production planning, Service excellence and Quality Assurance Departments.
- Provide leadership for the successful operation of the facility.
- Ensure plant meets and exceeds the government and company safety and environmental standards, regulations and policies.
- Ensure all the positions are filled on a timely basis to ensure business continuity.
- Develop succession planning for all the critical positions.
- Manage personnel issues in the plant to resolve issues and provide leadership to motivate people, foster teamwork and promote an awareness of health and safety and quality in all aspects of the operation.
- Prepare and execute annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Achieve budgeted production, yield and cost of production on a consistent basis.
- Closely monitor, control and maintain plant key performance indicators.
- Work with Operations, Quality, and engineering, science and Lean team to develop SOP and standard work for all the areas of operations.
- Develop and execute training and cross training for all the operations personnel.
- Ensure preventive maintenance program is implemented to improve the reliability of the equipment.
- Ensure QA program and sanitation program is developed and implemented.
- Work with the Environmental Health and Safety Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team work within the safety policies, and safe work procedures; to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Ensure maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment are carried out in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Work with purchasing department to develop and improve supplier relationships.
- Assist with public relations to maintain the appropriate corporate image within the local community.
- Respond to after hours, and weekend emergency calls, from the production plant
- University degree in engineering, science or business administration.
- 5-10 years of experience in Plant/Operations management
- Competency in MS office and business software applications
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole on 091-706713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!