- Reference: CJ44918
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The position will support the EHS Lead role in the deployment and implementation of company and Regulatory EHSS requirements and standards in project design and commissioning phases. The role is primarily focused on providing daily support for attending project meetings (process/EHS reviews, pre-start-up safety reviews etc. throughout the project lifecycle.
He/she will be responsible to the EHS Lead for the following –
- Support the company Project EHS lead in delivery of strategic, tactical and operational plans to execute SMART EHS G&O’s.
- Act as Senior site EHS representative on all EHS aspects as directed by EHS Lead.
- Fully engage with the site functions, company Construction Safety person, interface programs and governance to ensure safe and compliant design, construction and commissioning operations (zero regulatory non-compliances, SIIC/LWDC).
- Frontline daily reviews of EHS interface with key site contacts that can impact the company site or site EHS impact including:
- Regular EHS meetings, reviews, walk-downs and audits as per site/project procedures and schedules.
- Liaise with company Construction Safety person to align on distinct roles and responsibilities.
- Approval of work permits in company interface areas and where required support the Construction Safety person on main construction site, including associated RAMS review when required.
- Create specific JSA’s as required for interface work.
- Participation in HAZID, HAZOPS, ATEX, Machine Safety/WRAPS etc. and company ‘EHS by design’ as required.
- Work with all Job Supervisors (Site and Project) on the project to achieve a common understanding and shared commitment to the project objectives so that we are consistent and persistent in the project EHS standards and messaging
- Involve company workers in discussions around risk assessments, method statements, SPA, JSA and other documentation, and use this as a basis for daily briefings to maintain high situational awareness.
- Ensure that there are effective communication arrangements to inform all personnel of key issues including progress, lessons to be learned from incidents, campaigns, and programmes of risk control.
- Work with and advise the normal (day to day) site EHS site team and area Supervisors to ensure the site is fully aware of project safety requirements as necessary.
- Ensure Design drawings are reviewed as required to ensure compliance with EHS requirements. Review evidence of processes to identify and evaluate design options with regard to EHS risk mitigation in line with H.S.A. and company requirements.
- Review URS, FDS, SRS. Oversee and approve process for EHS aspects of commissioning, FAT, SAT, start-up and handover.
- Review commissioning safety plan with specific focus on schedule. Pay special attention to New company global PTW system requirements.
- Support any investigations of EHS&S accidents/ incidents if any and ensure timely reporting and escalation as per company EHSS procedures.
- Support the communication structures for full collaboration between all parties to ensure two-way communication, engagement and collaboration.
- Ensure a comprehensive interface plan and communication plan is in place between Client services and operations and activities related to commissioning and validation to avoid any potential risks.
- Support EHS Lead in the execution of comprehensive –
- Execution of comprehensive Commissioning and handover phase EHS verification and assessment for EHS Clearance by area/process/equipment to ensure project meets company and local regulatory requirements and standards as they are sequentially handed over by the project team.
- Ensure that every system/process/area has a EHS Clearance completed (EHS and Project ‘System Owner’ sign off) and critical actions are closed prior to handover and the introduction of hazardous materials into any system
- Ensure Pre-Start up safety reviews (PSSR’s) capture all the requirements from EHS by Design, URS, HAZOP, consultants report and company requirements etc. P&ID’s walked down with redlined drawings.
- Review and agree interface risks e.g. Green Tag (Mechanical completion) and Blue Tag (Pre-Commissioning / Functional & Performance testing) before handover to Client (Engineering Turnover Packages) Ensure adequate local site EHS input into the new facilities SOP’s, work instructions and other documents
- Facilitate the induction and EHS training of all new operators and staff at the new facility
- Ensure final project is 100% audit ready to regulatory and company standards
- Compilation, filing and retention (hard and soft copy) as required of EHS/project related information in an audit ready state (permitting, URS, SRS, HAZOP’s, LOPA, SIL, Atex, JSA’s, FAT, EHS CTP’s, SAT reports, important decisions etc.)
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Advanced degree in Sciences, Engineering, Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field. Engineering preferred.
- Broad technical expertise in the different fields of EHS&S with a focus on Construction Safety preferably in a chemical, petrochemical, medical device, or a pharmaceutical-manufacturing environment
- Experience in risk management particularly associated with HAZOP/process safety, machine safety, pressurized systems and safe isolation of hazardous energies during plant start-up
- Experience support EHS in large projects.
- Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
- A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers). S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner. S/he will apply previous learning and ideas to new situations, projects and teams, developing creative solutions to manage risk to a reasonably practicable level.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
- Excellent demonstrated project management skills are required, including the ability to lead teams, produce and maintain project schedules, create dashboards, power-point presentations and track metrics, and assemble project information into clearly written reports that document findings & recommendations and communicate progress.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!