- Reference: GJ43834
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Limerick, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
My client is seeking a talented, enthusiastic Senior Research & Design Engineer to join a dynamic R&D team developing innovative and sensor-based guidewires. As a member of a small R&D team you will have the responsibility for providing leadership and technical support to the development activities within the group, supporting both product development and manufacturing needs.
- The main function of this role is to support the Product Development activity in accordance with Design Control policies
- Manage product development activities with respect to:
- Product Design & Development.
- Product and Project Costing.
- Meeting agreed timelines.
- Supporting the preparation of regulatory submissions
- Provide support within the organisation where needed to aid in problem solving or improvement activities
- Provide critical input to failure analysis and product characterization activities, to include test method development and validation
- Learn the company’s manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing technical support to production
- Project management using standard methodology
- Transfer of automation, new products & new process projects to production, both within and between sites
- Assist in training employees in new or improved processes
- Process and product validation, Process / layout design and implementation
- Develop and support related documentation: DCO generation to introduce changes and maintain DMR documentation
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment
- Jigs and fixture specification and development
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science, ideally with relevant industrial experience.
- 5 years experience working as a design engineer, people management experience advantageous
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality control, production planning and control, test and inspection, layout.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org