- Reference: GJ43450 k
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway city, Mayo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Senior Cost Accountant with 7 plus year’s hands-on manufacturing cost accounting/finance experience preferred. Start up situaton. Galway.
- Responsible for full cost accounting monthly close process for Ireland and all activities to ensure accounts are accurate, including coordination with corporate to ensure inter-company accounts are accurate.
- Assist Corporate Cost Accounting in the review, documentation, update and maintenance of new and existing cost accounting policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Provide financial support to Manufacturing Operations, including operational metrics, financial analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Perform month-end close activities related to cost accounting.
- Prepare various financial analyses related to manufacturing costs, inventory and expense information, including but not limited to gross margin and variance analyses.
- Work closely with Corporate Cost Accounting and Manufacturing Operations to ensure accurate and timely update of standard costs for components and manufactured products including standard labor and overhead rates.
- Lead and manage the annual physical inventory count processes, including liaison with external auditors. Ensure compliance with cycle count processes.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual financial audits, including preparing and compiling inventory and cost data for support of schedules and questions.
- Support compliance relating to internal financial controls and procedures for cost accounting and manufacturing operations, including assisting in the development and/or updating of procedures to enhance efficiency and internal controls.
- Prepare monthly inventory account reconciliations and inter-company revenue & cost of goods schedules and analyses.
- Assist Corporate Cost Accounting and Manufacturing Operations in the preparation of E&O and warranty reserve requirements for Ireland.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP and related add-ons and participate in software improvement and implementation projects.
- Work with Corporate Cost Accounting and Manufacturing Operations to develop, enhance and review internal reporting, including analytics, ratios and other analysis.
- Assist in special projects and provide on-going support to the corporate finance departments.
- Perform responsibilities required by the Quality System and other related duties as assigned or requested.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 7 plus year’s hands-on manufacturing cost accounting/finance experience preferred
- Undergraduate, 4 year degree required; CMA and/or Masters degree in business is preferred.
- Must possess hands-on functional expertise including working knowledge of Enterprise-level accounting solutions (SAP Business 1 preferred)
- Knowledge of SAB 104 “Revenue Recognition in Financial Statements” and associated deferred revenue concepts is preferable.
- Experience working in a medical devices manufacturing / high-tech environment
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, organized, and service focused.
- Must be self-motivated and pro active, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Must be able to work independently to successfully support local operations as well as Corporate Finance in U.S. as the primary Cost Accounting resource in Ireland.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!