- Reference: CJ43575
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick, Limerick city, Munster
- Category: Information Technology
Reporting to: Projects Director
- You will have demonstrated the ability to become a code designer in at least one software platform, i.e. Allen Bradley PLC, SQL.
- You will have a flexible attitude to learning new technologies and software platforms as relevant projects arise.
- You will identify and highlight any personal technology gaps over the course of project work that require external assistance such as formal training.
- You will be required to mentor less experienced staff over the course of their duties but only in areas where you feel you can contribute.
- You will interact with and report to Project Group management on any potentially identified new opportunities.
- You will self-manage to achieve set project milestones
- You must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with one or more of the following PLC’s, programming languages or SCADA systems:
- Allen Bradley (Logix 5000)
- Siemens (Step7)
- GE Fanuc
- Wonderware InTouch
- RS View
- GE Cimplicity
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems)
- Ability to interact with the customers on technical requirements
- Ability to deliver technical solutions
- Ability to assess existing technologies and process
- Ability to design robust solutions.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and SOP’s associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Implementation of code changes under change control.
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Support operations with technical queries.
- Provide Mentorship to fellow and junior resources
- Provide self-management ability to deliver allocated project work.
- Report to Management on status of allocated tasks.
Experience / Background:
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Vision Systems in the manufacturing environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kaylie on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!