- Reference: LK44614
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior CAD Designer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a contract position
The following are the key requirements for the role
- Contribute to the management, communication, execution & delivery of allocated projects, reporting back on project progress (technical issues / project updates) as required.
- Contribute to all stages of the project from concept generation, through to execution, delivery and review when required.
- Concept Design and Development of equipment and or processes to meet customer requirements
- Review junior designers work where necessary (concepts, presentations, documentation, drawings, BOMs, etc.) for accuracy, suitability and compliance with requirements and standards. (desirable experience)
- Carry out engineering calculations and component specification where required.
- Be competent in CAD, preferable experience using 2D Autocad, Autodesk Inventor 3D and Solidworks.
- Have strong technical writing skills or demonstrated competency to understand, generate and structure technical documents.
- Have a strong technical aptitude and be familiar with good engineering practices (first principles)
- Act in the best interests of the organization and support the business strategy and objectives
- Work to the project plan and schedule as determined by your design lead or supervisor, alternatively be proactive & generate plan where required
- Work closely with cross-departmental project team.
- Ensure project requirements are reviewed, agreed with the customer and understood by yourself and project team members
- Liaise with the customer to receive on time all the information needed for the project.
- Plan project tasks for yourself and any resources you are responsible for and oversee completion within the projects you are responsible for.
- Monitor project variables (Time, Cost, Scope, Risk) and communicate the status of these to the Team Leader and Project Manager (as appropriate).
- Comply with all relevant quality standards (Revision Control, Documentation, procedures etc.)
- Lead best in class by example, influencing and contributing to the project team
- Have commercial awareness & responsibility on projects
- Drive continuous improvement through engagement & collaboration Customer
- Collaborate across Departments to drive innovation
- Encourage and foster safe environment for people to come up with ideas
- Project Process
- Get to know customer and build strong relationships based on deep understanding of customer needs and business
- Work collaboratively with customer in problem solving/project lookback with the support of your project lead
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270