- Reference: AJ43329N
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Laois, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the management and integrity of international reporting functions, overall oversight of accounting activities, financial reporting, statutory reporting and internal control environment.
- Managing the monthly financial close process including preparation of monthly financial statements for the UK and Ireland entities according to financial reporting standards.
- Analysis and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, intercompany transactions and elimination entries.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts (P&L and cash flow) and KPIs in partnership with key stakeholders and leadership team in Ireland, UK and the US.
- Provide analytical and strategic support to shape and drive commercial opportunities and corporate activities.
- Ensuring appropriate accounting controls are implemented and adhered to.
- Reviewing and preparing VAT and supporting the preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Supervising and serving as global liaison for the statutory audit of financial statements.
- Working closely with management and employees of our UK and Ireland offices.
- Assisting (as needed) in identifying opportunities for process efficiencies and implementing enhancements to improve overall efficiency.
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent degree required
- MBA, CPA, or Chartered Accountant preferred
- 8-10 plus years’ experience in a similar position for a multinational company
- Knowledge of local tax and other legal issues as necessary
- Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) expertise a must.
- Hands-on approach with both tactical and strategic mind-set.
- Tenacious self-starter and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal/external teams/vendors
- An affinity for a strong company culture with smart teammates who care about making a huge impact.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!