- Reference: 44990
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin South
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Senior Accountant required for 6 month contract in a multinational financial shared services operation in South Dublin.Ideal candidate will 3yrs plus experience in general accounting in global environment. This is a 6 month contract.
The Senior Accountant is accountable to support Balance Sheet Reconciliations to achieve effective, efficient and regulatory (SOX) compliance, and in accordance with local and consolidated GAAP/IFRS.
The Senior Accountant will support divisions, legal entities and countries as assigned to gain a good understanding of the various divisions, and the unique attributes of the legal entity, regulatory, and in-country requirements associated with the region.
Responsible for supporting the delivery of the general accounting processes relating to Balance Sheet Recs of the Shared Service organization including individual, shared service and outsourced activities. Activities will include
- Help develop Balance Sheet (BS) reconciliation quality standards
- Take ownership in investigating, identifying and clearing unreconciled balance sheet amounts
- Support 3rd party service provider in resolving BS issues
- Drive standardization of BS recs and application of accounting procedures and calculations across multiple sites
- Report out on progress in clearing pending issues
- As an individual contributor and team member; develop and deliver process documentation, training content, and super user support for more complex accounting activities relating to Balance Sheet Reconciliations, as requested, including but not limited to:
- Provide guidance and train site Accountants to implement best practice in Balance Sheet reconciliation process
- Ensuring SOX compliance, internal controls relating to Balance Sheets
- Ensure consistent compliance with corporate policies across BS reconciliations
Participate in process improvement reviews across retained finance, captive shared service and outsourced teams as a part of ongoing exception management and continuous improvement activities relating to Balance Sheet Reconciliations:
- Evaluate exceptions to process, quality, and service delivery commitments by category.
- Perform root cause analysis for more complex exceptions.
Through continuous improvement activities and root cause analysis continue to address and eliminate data integrity and quality issues.
- 3-5 years PQE of general accounting experience in a complex global environment
- Demonstrated capability to identify, investigate and resolve complex balance sheet unreconciled and aged items
- SAP or other enterprise systems experience
- Exposure to Balance Sheet Reconciliation Centre of Excellence is an advantage
- Audit background in Big 4 is an advantage
For further information on this role, please contact Ita Hodder on 09064 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie