- Reference: CJ43854yyyyyyyyyy
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The purpose of this role is to carry out scientific test procedures on client samples and produce accurate results within an acceptable time frame using company procedures and also to be responsible for completion of the more technically challenging analysis. This person will also work to develop any ancillary procedures associated with the methods and technical systems used; ensuring customer samples are completed within their required specifications.
This role includes an expectation that provided appropriate training has been provided and a suitable level of technical competency and knowledge has been achieved, the Scientist will support complex analytical testing and high knowledge projects. This may be achieved by performing additional duties or functions (e.g. data review) that will be commensurate with your training and skillset.
- This person will carry out the non-routine tasks in the laboratory or carry out the particular type(s) of analysis assigned to them, back filling for analysts as required.
- Responsible for developing and validating new tests and procedures for company and clients.
- Responsible for the completion of specific technological projects and writing up the results of these projects accurately, confidentially and on time for the clients.
- Scientists are permitted to sign all technical documents once their training in this task is successfully completed. This includes laboratory reports, SOPs, protocols, investigation reports and any other documentation issued.
- Responsible for signing out customer work from the analysts.
- Deputising for management as required.
- Responsible for keeping the laboratory area clean and tidy in both ‘seen’ and ‘unseen’ areas.
- This person will be responsible for providing cover for other members of staff as required and for taking part in the company’s weekend rota and/or overtime schedule.
- This person will ensure that all documentation is completed on time, accurately and legibly.
- They are responsible for their training, keeping their training records up to date and initiating training where possible when free from work.
- Responsible for updating any relevant documentation as required.
- Responsible for direct communication with clients in an appropriate manner.
- To liaise closely with the Section Manager to ensure that resources are available to guarantee that testing activities are completed to customer’s timelines.
- Responsible for the review of test methods for quotation purposes.
- Responsible for continually liaising with management, customers and other members of the organisation on any relevant problem areas or enhancements to the business.
- To adhere to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- To ensure that customers’ requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- To identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
- Degree, Masters of PhD in a Scientific discipline
- 5 years’ experience in a regulated laboratory environment or a Masters plus 3 years’ experience
- biochromatographic techniques (HIC, HILIC, peptide mapping, SEC, reverse phase HPLC), gel techniques (IEF, SDS-PAGE), A280, compendia tests (appearance, pH).
- Able to perform moderately complex and complex laboratory activities including method development, validation and data interpretation.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh on 021 4911063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!