- Reference: GJ43551
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Connacht, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our Client is looking for a R&D Engineer to join its team in developing a portfolio of next generation acute ischemic stroke devices. Having built its first product on a foundation of scientific research developed through NTI, the company is now expanding its team to develop further innovative solutions to treat acute ischemic stroke; a disease that affects over 15 million people globally every year. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team under the leadership of a highly experienced management team in an exciting expansion phase for the company.
Research and Development Engineer
Key Responsibilities include:
- Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria.
- Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
- Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
- Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications using SolidWorks.
- Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
- Contribute to the project team to deliver key objectives, meeting performance, time and cost targets.
- Leverage and liaise with external vendors / resources to achieve project goals.
- Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Understand physician (user) techniques and clinical needs (disease state) and assist in developing product training materials.
Behaviours & Skills: Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles. Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative. Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
Qualifications & Experience: Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole on 091-706713 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!