- Reference: GJ43551
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
As R&D Project Engineer you will typically manage product and/or process development projects through the design life-cycle. In addition, the role is required to provide support to manufacturing in the resolution of design related issues.
- The main function of this role is to support the Product Development activity by managing development projects through the design life cycle.
- Collaborate with key material suppliers to develop specifications, test methods and processing methods to meet product design, quality and cost requirements
- Provide support within the organisation where needed to aid in problem solving or improvement activities
- Provide critical input to failure analysis and product characterisation activities, to include test method development and validation
- Learn manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing technical support to production
- Project management using standard methodology
- Transfer of automation and new process projects to production, both within and between sites
- Transfer of New Products to production, both within and between sites
- Assist in training employees in new or improved processes
- Process and product validation
- Process / layout design and implementation
- Develop and support related documentation: – ECO generation to introduce changes and maintain DHF documentation
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment
- Jigs and fixture specification and development
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science, ideally with 2-3 relevant industrial experience.
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipmen
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality control, production planning and control, test and inspection, layout.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole on 091-706713 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!