- Reference: GJ564747
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Medical Devices
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Magages day-to-day laboratory activities.
- Ensures that adequate resources (i.e. equipment, staff, consumables, facilities, etc) are maintained to meet the department and company goals.
- Implements policies and procedures to maintain compliance to standards and quality systems.
- Keeps abreast of Industry best practices for test methodologies and proposes new or alternative test methods where gaps exist in current test capabilities.
- Manages method improvement activities, develops new test methods, and transfers methods into and out of the lab.
- Provides technical oversight and leadership to employees who are responsible for performing laboratory functions.
- Supervises junior engineers and technicians and ensures that they are trained and skilled for their assigned roles in the lab.
- Develops direct reports by assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Responsible for controlling access of all persons entering the lab.
- Works closely with product development teams to develop test protocols.
- Manages the scheduling, prioritization and completion of test plans.
- Creates standardised reporting systems to communicate results to customers.
- Ensures the timely review, compilation, interpretation and communication of results.
- Final review and approval of laboratory results, protocols, reports, SOPs, etc.
- Evaluates requests for non-routine and unplanned testing and faciliates these requests as needed.
- Participates in cross functional teams to perform troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to test method, design, material or process.
- Ensures constant vigilance in the laboratory for non-conforming events and develops a culture of transparency, rapid evaluation and escalation to the appropriate level for such events.
- Leads laboratory investigations.
- Manages the purchase , installation and qualification of test equipment.
- Ensures test equipment is maintained and calibrated to appropriate levels.
- Serves as a representative for the department in all internal / external Audits as functional expert.
- Maintains and enhances cross-functional and corss-site team relationships.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Primary Degree in Science or Engineering. Min. FETAC level 8
- Strong new product development/implementation lab experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities
Contact ConsultantRequest a Call Back
I am a female in my late 50s and am enjoying my work at my job in the media sector. There are a lot of younger employees coming into the workplace with IT skills that are far superior to my own. While I am their manager, sometimes I feel like my lack of tech skills […]read whole article
Question: I am in middle management and have been passed over for promotion on three occasions. I am not in a position to leave the company but I desperately want to progress in my career and I feel that I am stuck in the role that I am in. Is there some way that I […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more
This report provides you with all of the recent developments in the medical technology sector in Ireland, including skills availability, graduate output, industry trends, regional investment, and our expectations for the year ahead.view more