- Reference: AJ43603
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Medical Devices
As Senior R&D Lead you will be primarily responsible for leading R&D projects .You will support the Project Manager by leading Cross Functional Teams to facilitate the delivery of defined Project deliverables, aligned with Departmental goals. New product introduction Projects.
Senior R&D Engineer responsibilities:
- Typically act as R&D technical lead for the NPI project designing and launching a product within the conﬁnes of a New Product Development processes.
- Provides leadership to R&D team members
- Leads R&D Project team meetings as necessary.
- Contributes technical and product knowledge and/or manufacturing experience to team discussions.
- Ability to apply and interpret Statistical Techniques and coach and mentor junior engineers in the use and application of statistical analysis tools.
- Support the development of detailed project plans with the Project Manager
- Support Project Manager in estimating the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals on time and on budget with Functional Managers
- Meet the key deliverables in compliance with the Product Development Process(PDP)
- Instil a sense of Accountability among team members and influence them to take positive action and be accountable for their assigned area of responsibility within R&D.
- Support R&D projects and ensure successful and timely completion of technical development and PDP deliverables
Senior R&D Skills / Knowledge:
- Mechanical or Polymer Engineering degree, or equivalent, with knowledge of and experience with plastic part design and manufacturing processes.
- 7 years plus of combined project management and/or product development experience within a regulatory environment.
- Solid working knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements, plus experience dealing with regulatory agencies or outside professional groups
- Knowledge of DFSS / DRM
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!