- Reference: GY41428
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway city, Mayo
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
For more than 30 years, our client has advanced the practice of less-invasive medicine. The Company’s products help physicians and other medical professionals improve their patients’ quality of life by providing alternatives to surgery. Since 1994, employees in Galway have been at the forefront of some of these truly innovative medical device designs and manufacturing.
Due to continued expansion of our operations, we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced R&D Engineer – Permanent.
- Develops products, materials, processes, or equipment for medical device products in the treatment of heart disease.
- Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyses, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- Develops new ideas and technologies within an assigned product area.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of technicians in an assigned phase of a development project.
- Interfaces with Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, vendors and possibly physicians.
- Defines, prototypes, clinically tests and transfers new product to production.
- Participates in design review and designing products and processes for fabrication.
- Develops production equipment and process improvements and innovations and is responsible for cost improvement programs.
- Ensures the efficient transfer of prototype and pilot products to full production status and supports these product lines on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates changes in project milestones and writes project reports as required
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects. Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understands and complies with complex regulations, including FDA & ISO, governing the quality systems
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Primary Degree in either Mechanical, Polymers, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering. Min. FETAC level 8
- Strong R&D experience preferably in the health care industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Claire O’Donnell on 091-706717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!