- Reference: GJ43513
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
As Quality manager you will lead the company wide quality assurance agenda ensuring that customer requirements are met for products and services as well as regulatory compliance in target markets.
- Proactive management of the processes to ensure product and service quality
- Act as Management Representative for the Quality Management System.
- Manage the maintenance of the Quality System to EN/MDD, ISO13485, Health Canada and FDA requirements
- Responsible for FDA facility inspections, notified body audits and other audits and inspections as required
- Establish infrastructure to assure quality and work with relevant teams to ensure performance improvement
- Ensure the effective functioning of design controls to ensure product quality
- Represent the quality department in all NPI/NPD activities to ensure that all new products are compliant to appropriate international quality and regulatory requirements
- Complaints handling for medical reporting and filing to the appropriate competent authorities
- Ensure there is a robust quality system in place around web customers and app users e.g. web complaints, doc control etc.
- Regularly review and manage DOC control process to ensure it remains effective and efficient
- Ensure products are cleared to the appropriate markets as per Regulatory plan
- Manage RA support to internal and external customers
- Ensure company is kept informed of and given direction on changing regulatory and compliance requirements e.g. REACH ROHS2 etc.
- Manage the Quality team to ensure the proactive delivery of departmental objectives and empower the team to actively support and assist other departments in complying with quality requirements
- Data collection and analysis for monthly meetings and management review
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level with a post graduate qualification in Quality Assurance
- 10+ years work experience
- Industry type: Medical Devices or other similar regulated industry with a certified Quality management System
- Significant regulatory affairs experience including experience of international regulatory processes
- Knowledge of product certification testing requirements for Medical Devices
- In depth knowledge of maintaining a certified Quality Management System
- Knowledge and application of Quality tools and Methodologies including lean six sigma, TQM etc.
- Previous experience of the impact of regulatory control on commercial products
- Trained QMS Internal Auditor
- Awareness of online quality assurance processes
- Proven leadership skills
- Results orientated and a self starter with the ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of and commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Promote best practice and knowledge of the QSR and ISO/MDD standards
- Advanced Microsoft Office and reporting tool skills
- Strong project management skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole on 091-706713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!