- Reference: SJ44478
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Sligo, is looking to hire a Quality Engineer.
- Maintain relevant Quality accreditation (currently ISO 9000).
- Ensure plant adherence to and improvement of Quality system requirements and procedures.
- Conduct internal and external audits.
- Liaise with supplier and customers on a day to day quality issues and provide timely responses.
- Lead and participate in problem solving teams.
- Assist in the completion of corrective action reports in conjunction with the senior management and other relevant personnel in a timely manner.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement programme with clear and measurable objectives.
- Measuring and analysing processes, parts, trends and performance to reduce potential issues and completing root cause analysis.
- Prioritise the work involved to give the best return based on company targets.
- Maintain the Calibration & Document Control systems.
- Support New Product Introductions.
- Manage the Quarantine Area with timely dispositions and ensure these dispositions are carried out.
- Assist in the technical training of the personnel where appropriate.
- Promoting a teamwork culture within the facility.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is filled out as per company procedures.
- Maintain and promote high standards in health and safety and housekeeping.
- Engineering Degree /diploma or Equivalent: Polymers or related discipline.
- Good working knowledge of Quality System Requirements within a high volume manufacturing environment (preferably in a quality related role).
- Knowledgeable in Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and/or other statistical process improvement techniques.
- Possess a good understanding and application of, quality PSW/PPAP/APQP, lean principles and problem solving techniques.
- Computer literate e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a track record of supporting improvement projects by providing creative approach to problem solving.
- A knowledge of the injection moulding process.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!