- Reference: GY43478
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Demonstrates commitment to the Quality Policy (patient safety and product quality) through their daily execution of sound quality practices and the maintenance of an effective quality system. Understands and complies with all the regulations governing the quality systems. Ensures their direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Selects appropriate techniques for problem solving and makes solid and consistent Engineering and Quality Assurance recommendations.
- Has the responsibility and independent authority to make decisions related to product quality, including the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Participates in Customer Complaints investigation for areas under their control.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes highest levels of professional QA engineering discipline and rigor.
- Is viewed as a leader in the areas of QSR and ISO/MDD standards within ones own group, constantly promotion awareness of best industry practices making appropriate decisions on a daily basis using the Quality Engineering Manager/Site QA Director as the final arbitrator on critical quality decisions.
- Has significant expertise in validation engineering and is thoroughly familiar with all regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and approves operational, test and validation data to establish technical specifications and performance standards for newly designed or modified products and processes.
- Champions continuous improvement and innovation from a quality perspective within the department right from vendor selection/approval through to customer awareness/satisfaction.
- Is an effective team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and LRP objectives.
- Gives technical guidance to Quality Engineers, Associate Quality Engineers, technician and inspection staff.
- Works with EHS to identify significant environmental impacts of client operations and to establish goals and targets around significant environmental impacts.
- Deals with suppliers, other engineering disciplines within and outside of Site and customers should the need arise.
- Is familiar with the internal auditing process.
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in a similar industry.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
Contact ConsultantRequest a Call Back
view salary guide
Collins McNicholas were delighted to present Pieta House with a cheque for €6,000 in January this year. We raised this money over the course of 2016 through a series of events, which included table quizzes, coffee mornings, and a sponsored skydive to be held at the start of April. We are proud to support […]read whole article
Collins McNicholas has been named as one of Ireland’s ‘Best Managed’ companies in the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Awards Programme. The company, which demonstrated superior business performance for the fourth year running, was recognised at an awards gala dinner in Dublin on 3 March 2017. The awards event in Dublin’s Convention Centre marked the ninth […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more