- Reference: CJ45783
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
The role of Quality Manager includes all aspects of Quality within the plant. As Quality Manager the key challenges will be to continue to improve processes in the areas of quality. The Quality function is to ensure that the products supplied are consistent and meet both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations.
- The Role of Quality Manager includes liaising with other managers and staff in the plant to ensure that the Quality systems are functioning properly. Where appropriate, the Quality Manager advises on changes to Quality systems and their implementation and provides training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve required standards. This role also includes liaising with the external assessment body on all matters related to the external Quality processes.
- Being flexible to work on other projects when required. Being familiar and understanding the manufacturing process and construction of the company’s core products including development products at pre-production validation stages.
- The role includes coordinating the activities required to meet Quality standards including monitoring and advising on the performance of the Quality management system, produce data and report on performance measuring against set standards, & charge CAPA investigations.
- Manage QMS ISO 9001:2008 – Maintain QMS system to ISO9001 requirements
- Manage CAPA Process – Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality. Ensure Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions issued where non-conformances occur and follow up with CAPA Review.
- Produce Weekly Quality Reports – Produce Weekly Updates and run weekly Meetings with Dept. Managers.
- Produce Monthly QMS Reports – Issue Monthly QMS Reports for Products and processes. Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Manage Quality Metrics Database
- Manage Day to Day Quality
- Hold daily quality meetings with production QC staff, review day to day quality issues and assist manufacturing with troubleshooting if required;
- Determining and agreeing in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications with R&D;
- Reviewing customer requirements and ensuring that they are met;
- Working with R&D, purchasing & suppliers to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
- Ensuring manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards;
- Actively pursue projects which reduce and eliminate waste
- Manage Quality Audits – Set up Quality Audit Schedule, ensure audits are performed to schedule and audits are closed out as per audit reviews.
- Raw Material & Fabric Validation – Validation of material produced by the company on customer supplied fabrics & Manage goods inwards Raw material testing.
- Manage & maintain Customer complaints system
- Accredited Adidas Technician – Maintain Accredited Technician Status.
- Produce Semi-Annual QMS Management Review – Produce Management Review of Quality to clauses as outlined in ISO9001.
- Work closely with all departments across the site, especially the EHS & Production team.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree / NFQ Level 8 in an Engineering or scientific discipline
- 5 – 10 years related experience and/or training, preferably in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!