- Reference: CJ44716
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for assuring products and systems conform to requirements and standards through continuous monitoring, auditing and analysis of trends and metrics. A strong emphasis on continuous improvement is required through detailed investigation of non-conformances and the implementation of robust corrective and preventive actions. The Quality Engineer will report to, & work alongside the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that the products supplied by the company are consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist QA manager in the maintenance of the Quality Management System to ISO 9001:2015 system requirements
- Assist QA Manager in maintaining and reviewing register of customer quality standards and specifications and updating of the relevant procedures following changes
- Assist in reviewing requirements and achieving compliance with other external certification schemes as required – OEKO-Tex, RSL, AFFIRM etc.
- Progress the CAPA process – ensure Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions issued where non-conformances occur and follow up with CAPA review by working with relevant personnel to address quality, technical and manufacturing issues.
- Maintain quality metrics database in conjunction with QA manager & QA inspectors, & collate results & other quality data in order to identify trends and report on any issues or negative indicators.
- Involvement in day to day quality;
- Co-ordinate with the production team to monitor & audit the quality of all manufactured goods
- Attend daily quality meetings with production staff, review day to day quality issues and assist manufacturing with troubleshooting & technical issues if required;
- Ensure quality inspection and testing is carried out in accordance with QA system requirements
- Investigate & manage customer complaints, in conjunction with key account managers
- Actively pursue projects which reduce and eliminate waste
- Assist in managing quality audits as set out by the QA manager & in compliance with the “audits schedule” as required of ISO 9001- ensure audits are performed to schedule and audits are closed out as per audit reviews.
- Assist in raw material validation & management of goods inwards raw material testing.
- Manage fabric validation process – ensure testing & validation of material produced by the company on customer supplied fabrics as required
- Accredited technician training – maintain current accredited Adidas technician status of personnel & assist in training of further personnel to Adidas & Nike accreditation level.
- Work closely with all departments across the site, especially the EHS & production team, providing guidance regarding quality tasks and responsibilities and carry out training as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level in engineering, quality or science discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a quality or process improvement related role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in ISO 9001 QMS or other quality certifications.
- Self-motivated with good organisational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work with others in order to achieve responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Full understanding of quality standards, SOPs, health & safety requirements and plant policies.
- Experience in auditing an advantage
- Good PC (Microsoft excel & word) and report writing skills
- The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, documentation and data analysis skills.
- The candidate should also be proficient with root cause analysis and problem solving techniques.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!