- Reference: CJ44293
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Our client is an early start up medical device company based in Cork and are looking for a Quality and Regulatory Assurance Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of an ISO 13485 quality management system, preparing regulatory submissions and annual reporting for medical devices. The candidate should have a hands‐on approach to projects with a good attitude and work ethic. An ability to work in a flexible and small entrepreneurial environment is essential and there is an excellent package available for the right candidate.
- Manage all regulatory affairs activities in support of medical device product development, including clinical, preclinical, and marketing issues
- Support planning, preparation, and submission of regulatory medical device submissions, including IDEs and 510(k)s
- Provide strategic regulatory insight to team members regarding product development plans
- Manage interactions with FDA and other regulatory authorities.
- Monitor global regulatory trends and requirements impacting the development and commercialization of products, and advise colleagues and external partners to ensure compliance
- Participate in formulating strategies to optimize product approvals and opportunities of new and existing products, based on a broad understanding of regulatory requirements throughout the global marketplace for diagnostics and other medical device products
- Maintain regulatory filings and compile all documentation needed for annual reporting and approval supplements
- Managing the preparation of registration packages and responses to deficiency letters
- Negotiating submission data requirements and deliverable dates with regulatory authorities and internal technical teams
- Acting as a point person for regulatory agency interactions (either written or oral), including preparation of briefing packages and strategy for meetings, inspections, advisory committee meetings, and responses to agency letters pertaining to the assigned products/teams
- Evaluating manufacturing and labelling changes, and promotional materials for regulatory impact and to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Maintaining awareness of global regulatory legislation and assess its impact on business and product development programs
- Implement, gain approval for and manage an ISO 13485 quality management system.
- Main point of contact for notified body during certification and audits.
- Keep abreast of changes in domestic and international Quality Systems regulations and guidelines, and advise key staff of compliance/non‐ compliance with current international regulations, policies and EC directives
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in regulatory and quality affairs in a medical device company.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of FDA Quality System regulation, ISO 13485 and 21CFR820, ISO 14971, MDD (93/42/EEC).
- Proven track record in writing major regulatory device submissions (i.e. CE certification, IDEs and 510(k)s), with the ability to successfully manage projects to deadlines
- Experience working directly with regulatory agencies
- Previous domestic/international submissions experience.
- Experience of clinical trials a plus
- Strong ability to manage critical projects as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Must be self‐motivated and detailed oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of multi‐disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and senior management
- Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) is desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!