- Reference: GJ45493
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Medical Devices
Reporting to the Medical Textile Programme Manager as project engineer you will have a strong background in mechanical-engineering, design-engineering, polymer-engineering or related discipline. Ideally, this experience relates to product-development for implantable medical devices.
- Coordinates and execute specific process-development elements of design-service projects from concept to manufacture – driven by Client/Customer design inputs and as directed by the Medical Textile Programme Manager.
- Coordinates and execute specific elements of large transfer-to-manufacturing projects– driven by Client/Customer design inputs and as directed by the Medical Textile Programme Manager.
- Ability to execute on multiple client projects simultaneously through the integration of available processing-technologies and external (outsourced) technologies.
- Demonstrate leadership and autonomy in taking ownership for key Process/Manufacturing elements of an entire Transfer-to-Manufacturing Project which will involve a cross-functional team of Quality Engineering, Project Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Production representatives.
- Project Work elements can include device process-development, DOE-study execution, packaging and labeling systems design and installation, line-layout development, equipment procurement, Process and Equipment Validations, Training of Production Staff etc.
- Ability to define the best development methods (internal / external processes) for a specific product manufacturing solution.
- Demonstrates a strong appreciation for lean-management of project costs with an emphasis on maximizing available Company revenue and meeting project timelines
- Ability to assist with, and execute specific elements of, Design Service contracts per customer over short-time intervals.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail in meeting all criteria of Design Service and Transfer-To-Manufacturing Requirements
- Interface with Quality Assurance, Operations, Business Development and Customers as required during each project
- Assist Business Development in developing and costing detailed Design Service Proposals in response to Customer Input criteria.
- Perform all Product development and implementation activities within a design control setting.
- Manages related equipment-procurement and specifies tooling requirements & designs.
- Creation and management of documentation and procedure system for processes, equipment, tooling, and testing.
- Supports all customer requirements in a team based environment.
- Identifies and manages subcontractors and supplier-requirements as needed
- Support quality system requirements through design control methods, design of experiments (DOE) and computer aided design.
- Supports design verification testing and process validations. Role will involve the development, review and approval of testing protocols and reports for executed studies.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Successful candidate must have a track record of success in an engineering environment, a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering or related field.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and passionate about developing new products with strong documentation, oral, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ideally, candidate will have a minimum of 3- 5 years of relevant development experience –across the Textile Engineering and General Surgery sectors.
- The individual must be proficient in mechanical design principles and material selection. Demonstrated problem solving skills is important.
- Candidate must be familiar with project management and critical path planning. Hands-on fabrication skills and use of shop equipment is required.
- Computer aided design experience is desirable and computer solid modeling a plus.
- This position has full responsibility and authority to make necessary decisions and/or take action, which is required to carry out job duties.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org