- Reference: 43252
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Laois, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Successful execution of projects identified as part of the site Project Hopper. These projects will be in the following categories
- New Process / Equipment Introduction
- Product Transfers
- Material Change / Qualification
- Continuous Improvement (OpEx) / Cost Reduction
- Energy Cost Reduction
- Maintenance Optimisation
- All projects must be delivered on time, on budget and functioning per the User Requirement Spec (URS)
- Effective contribution to generation and execution of site multi-year Capital and Cost reduction programmes
- Effective contribution to development of Project Management standard practice programme for site.
- Successfully lead teams to deliver all project requirements associated with cost, time and functionality, ensuring that all KPI targets are achieved.
- Consistently adhere to project management standard practices in the areas of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Controlling and Closing (PMBOK)
- Prepare User Requirement Specifications (URS) matching customer needs, Project Charters, Capital Expense Requests (CERs), Project Plans, Site and Factory Acceptance Test Protocols.
- Ensure all Change Control requirements are satisfied and conduct all business ensuring compliance with appropriate standards.
- Liaise effectively with Corporate Engineering Group as appropriate.
- Track and report out on projects using standard identified templates and ensuring all necessary information is available to key stakeholders, e.g. OpEx Leader, Financial Controller, Engineering Manager
- Follow all elements of the Corporate Procurement Manuals, ensuring that project files are suitable for audit if required.
- Use Six Sigma and Lean principles where appropriate to effectively execute projects.
- Contribute effectively to generation of continuous improvement opportunities which will feed into site OpEx plan for subsequent years.
- Support other projects and initiatives across the plant where required, liaising effectively with internal and external customers.
- Complete all identified training requirements as required.
- Carry out additional duties that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will ideally possess a degree in Engineering or related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent).
- Candidates with other technical qualifications and relevant work experience may also qualify.
- Candidates should have formal Project Management Certification (PMP, IPMA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a Project Engineering role within Manufacturing or Engineering Project Management functions with the ability to take on high profile projects
- Proven experience in delivering projects from conception to completion, resulting in significant cost savings and process improvements.
- Medical Device manufacturing or equivalent regulated industry experience desirable but not essential.
- Competency in the use of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project & Minitab
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Strong technical engineering approach to project management and problem solving.
- Technical knowledge of Automated Systems (Pneumatic, Electro-pneumatic, Robotic)
- Strong competency in manufacturing processing and systems.
- Analytical, data and systems driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a self starter, with a relentless drive for results
- Innovative and proactive
- Organised and resourceful with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a high paced environment with an awareness of continued impact on production and the plant performance.
- Effective communicator and influencer across multi-functional teams, with the ability to manage internal and external customers and corporate requirements.
- Quality awareness and a proven track record of excellent quality standards
- Commitment to work within the ethos of the Medical Devices & Supplies Guide to Compliance and Quality Manufacturing and The Compass Business Conduct Guide
- Commitment to continuous improvements with the initiative and ability to improve work processes
- Wiliness to learn and adapt to changing work methods
Working as member of a team to resolve open issues, drive process improvements in design, layout and operational performance
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Donie Shine – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0906478104.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!