- Reference: 42600
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin West
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
This is a key position in the company and the candidate will be responsible for the successful mechanical design of various projects. The company works primarily in the industrial sector, including water/ wastewater treatment sector, and is involved in the design and build MEICA plant including civil construction.
As Mechanical Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Carry out project design, from Concept Stage through to Detail Design, including generation of Bills of Material and production drawings.
- Review project design proposals to ensure client specifications and 3rd Party Bodies requirements are met.
- Reviews all documents produced by outside consultants to ensure conformance with Company Policies and Objectives, accepted standards, and appropriate engineering policies and procedures
- The preparation of outline and detailed design documents (specifically Plant Design, Pipe Size Calculations, Pump Calculations, Process Equipment Calculations, Site Layouts, P&IDs, Process Flow Diagram, Hazardous Areas drawings)
- Responsible for the design, specification, procurement and installation of mechanical process plant & equipment
- Evaluate component selection for quality, reliability, performance and cost in association with manufacturing and purchasing.
- Contribute innovatively to the re-design of components that reduce design and production costs
- Support manufacturing in preparation and undertaking of testing.
- Provide technical support to both internal and external clients.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation on design changes and requests.
- Generate production documentation as required to improve the production process (Work Instructions, etc)
- Plan and execute projects in a timely manner, project management
- Maintain accurate & complete design records to ensure traceability
- Provide technical, managerial and administrative support to internal and external clients
- Help drive continuous improvement activities within Engineering & Construction/ Installation
Knowledge skills & experience
- Min. of 5 years experience in the water/ wastewater sector
- Hold a relevant BEng (Hons) or MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in design and specification of MEICA plant
- Experience of procuremnt of MEICA plant
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Preparation of As-built documents
- Compiling an O&M manual for handover to the client.
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information & drawings using the document control system
- Generation of BOQs
- Experience in the water/ wastewater sector is an advantage
- Effective leadership and communication skills with engineering and project management staff
- This is a dynamic role and the person needs to be energetic with enough experience to be respected by all members of the project teams (essential)
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects (essential)
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects (essential)
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems (essential)
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Donie Shine – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0906478104.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!