- Reference: CJ45353
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin North, Dublin South, Dublin West
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The EHS specialist is responsible for supporting projects on site to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and development of programs to support the project through both construction and validation so that they can be seamlessly handed over to operations. The EHS Specialist will report to the site EHS&S Lead and support the Project Snr EHS Specialist.
The scope of this role may include supporting specific programmes including:
- Health & Safety legislative compliance
- Environmental legislation and operating permits compliance
- Liaise with project leads to understand the scope of the project and development schedules and plans for the management of EHS topics.
- Consult with the site EHS team to assess the potential impact of each project on site licenses, permits or authorizations.
- Provide support to the project team to understand their roles and responsibilities in the implementation of EHS Plans. Provision or scheduling of training where required.
- Review and input to design, construction and validation health and safety plans
- Participate and contribute to design safety meetings e.g. HAZOP’s, 3D Modelling, ergonomic reviews
- Review chemical approvals for new materials, provide advice and guidance for the safe use of new materials
- Provide guidance, advise and if necessary, assist in conducting risk assessments. Provide training where required.
- Carry out safety walkdowns of construction areas and follow up on actions identified.
- Support establishment of EHS Culture on construction projects
- Review construction and validation induction packs
- Prepare and deliver toolbox talks to project team
- Attend and participate in project meetings
- Participate in incident investigations, provide assistance and advice to the investigation team, review and approve incident investigation reports. Depending upon the severity of the incident potentially lead the investigation.
- Prepare and provide visual management data to project teams to support the completion of project deliverables.
- Review and approve project safety file and confirm transfer of data to relevant departments
- Supportlead site and corporate sustainability initiatives and programmes
Education & Experience:
- B. Sc. or equivalent in Science/Engineering/Safety
- 2-5 years’ experience working in the discipline of EHS management, preferably in a Biopharmaceutical environment
- EHS role within projects including new product or process introduction a distinct advantage
- Membership of IOSH would be beneficial and candidates should be actively working towards achieving Charter Member status with IOSH via the Continuous Professional Development Programme.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Ability to collate and analyze EHS data to support decision making process.
- An effective communicator, able to engage and coach others at various levels in the organization with regard to EHS challenges and opportunities in the manufacturing and support functions and work with these customers to develop and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001, to support the development and implementation of EHS objectives and maintenance of compliance.
- Sound decision making abilities and can assess the wider impact of decisions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a group to deliver programmes and resolve challenges.
- Have a working knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety legislation, and the ability to interpret corporate standards to provide all colleagues with a safe and injury free place of work.
- Ability to build relationships with manufacturing customers and EHS regulators.
- Ability to take on new challenges and adapt to changing requirements.
- Manage contractors, associated budgets and feeding into annual budget development.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!