- Reference: CJ43782
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Information Technology
Responsibilities of Position:
- Supports all company safety initiatives and programs.
- Provides input to and support of safety and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Assists with program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Determine customer requirements and negotiate price with vendors for tools, equipment and services.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- May participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Provides engineering support to sales for presentations to help sell manufacturing capabilities.
- May establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, which may facilitate programs across plant resources and regional PMO’s to meet master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from various departments. Reviews status reports prepared by project team, modifies schedules or plans as required and escalates issues to management as required. Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Coordinates mould design process, assembly development and supply chain requirements by holding design reviews and weekly project status meetings.
- Acts as main communication interface between company, customers and vendors for new programs.
- Develops flowcharts, GANNT charts and other project report mechanisms as needed.
- Manages and coordinates program continuous quality improvement and cost reduction efforts and teams by developing and leading the QBR process.
- Develops overall cost improvement strategies for programs within area of responsibility.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for assignment of project personnel in conjunction with senior staff members.
- Works with the GBU Team to improve all customer satisfaction measurements including NPS score.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Helps drive continues improvement initiatives.
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Exceptional organisational, leadership and communication skills.
- Customer focussed, motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed & results driven leader.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Plastics engineering or related discipline with 4-6 years of experience.
- Relevant Masters Degree desirable.
- Project Engineering and/or Program Management experience required.
- 3+ years’ experience of working in injection moulding processing/automation highly desirable.
- Certified Black Belt preferred.
- Practical experience in Lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kaylie O’ Brien on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!