- Reference: 45349
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre
- Category: Public Sector
Great opportunity for experienced Programme Manager to join leading national transport organisation.This is initially a 12 month contrac
• Programme Manager Interim (SET)
ROLE & PURPOSE
• Lead the SET programme and project management activities.
• Responsible for the development & implementation of systems, procedures and strategies that ensure an efficient and best practice approach to project delivery.
• Develops in cooperation with other managers the full SET work bank of activities and ensures that continuous monitoring and update regimes are in place covering cost, programme and risk.
• Financial responsible for all SET led project budgets and reporting.
• Chief Engineer SET
Manages as Direct Reports
• Project Managers
WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH
• Signalling Managers, North/East and South/West
• Technical Manager Signalling & Electrification
• Manager DART Signalling & National Telecoms
• Principal Engineer Signalling
• Principal Engineer Electrification
• Safety Manager SET
• Quality Manager SET
• Planning Manager Interim
• Project Engineer Systems Interim
• Demonstrable competencies in programme and project management skills including cost, schedule and risk management, procurement and delivery logistics, commercial management, financial control and experience in health and safety legislation.
• Strategic leadership qualities and interpersonal skills to influence decisions at all project levels.
• Experience in managing project teams, leading projects and working in cooperation with other teams and departments.
• Experience in system led environments.
• Professional qualification and/or degree in relevant subject.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Safety: Ensure all activities associated with SET projects are compliant with the IM and SET safety management systems and plans and fulfill the requirements for the health, safety and welfare of all employees and customers.
• Customer Service: Provide high and consistent levels of customer service to the Railway Undertakings, IM Management team and associated customers in order to support a high performing railway while undertaking project works.
• People: To create the environment within SET, for the IM team and Iarnród Éireann to become an employer of choice, which supports the building of competence and on-going personal development.
• To lead the SET Programme function in all aspects of delivery management based on the relevant procedures and best practice principles.
• Responsible for the delivery of a quality project outcome to time and budget.
• Responsible for the management of risk across project activities and for ensuring mitigating action is taken to address such risks, develop recovery actions where issues have impacted the projects and identify opportunities for betterment of outturn costs and/or schedule.
• Develop and maintain policies and standards in relation to project delivery.
• To lead the commitment to continuous improvement in customer service quality in order to achieve the targets set down in the multi-annual contract.
• To ensure as far as possible that the safety management systems are implemented across all SET projects.
• To support others in ensuring safety policies, systems and priorities in order to ensure that safety risks are reduced and that a strong safety culture is maintained throughout the SET Department.
• Ensure participation and compliance with all internal audits and audits as conducted by RSC, RAIU or other external body as necessary.
• Ensure completion of all recommendations and actions as identified through the Safety audit process.
• To ensure that measures of performance for each of the obligations within any project safety plans are identified, recorded, measured and reviewed with corrective actions identified.
• Ensure the occupational health, safety and welfare of SET employees in accordance with legislation across all projects.
• Carry out safety tours to ensure that all safety related equipment, materials, literature and working environments are in accordance with SET safety management system.
• To lead and support the development of policies and procedures that will ensure that the signaling, electrical and telecommunications engineering maintenance and renewals are delivered in accordance with SET budget and efficiency targets.
• Achieve targeted returns on capital expenditure programmes within the SET team. Ensure that corporate financial policy and procedures are adhered to within the delivery of all SET programmes and projects.
• Responsible for budgetary control and cash flow management for the SET programmes and projects.
• Responsibility for procurement compliance across SET programmes and projects in accordance with CIE Group Procurement Policies and Procedures.
• Ensure participation and compliance with all internal / external business & financial audits and management actions as required by Group Internal Audit.
• Support and engage in the relevant financial action plans as required by the CE SET.
• To lead and maintain programme and project management teams comprising of individuals with a proven track record of management and professional competencies to achieve the required objectives on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure annual SET work bank plans are identified and resource requirements are clear.
• Support annual SET budgetary cycle.
For further information on this role, please contact Ita Hodder on 09064 78104 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie