- Reference: CJ45074
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day supervision of staff, organizing and monitoring of the work flow & the production processes, in line with the production targets set out in relation to efficiency, cost, quality and delivery. Responsibility to create documentation and rollout training for all key areas (i.e. materials, supply chain, planning and manufacturing) in conjunction with the Quality & Manufacturing managers.
- Maintain employee safety and morale ensuring a safe and efficient working environment.
- Enforce & ensure compliance with all health and safety, and environmental policies as per company policies.
- Assume responsibility for staff planning to ensure required capacity is met within the most efficient & cost-effective manner possible.
- Manage & maintain daily all associated documentation for all employees under your direct supervision; to include Timesheets, Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc.
- Liaise with the Manufacturing manager to maintain correct headcount levels through the selection and training or cross training of personnel where appropriate to ensure competence & flexibility in all areas & maximization of labor resources.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and ensure continuous employee development.
- Formally record and report daily production metrics and adjusts resources to stay on plan.
- Formally update Manufacturing Manager on projects and production issues.
- Support the Manufacturing Manager to maximize efficiency and achieve key plant Goals, i.e. high output, high quality, low cost and on time delivery.
- Implement and lead CI activities and best practice in all areas, establishing & embracing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives and customer expectations, through the implementation of policies and procedures while applying the company toolbox principles.
- Liaise with the Manufacturing & Quality managers to draft, review, gain approval & rollout of training of standard operating procedures and documentation for all key manufacturing functions
- Take ownership, investigate and closeout of assigned Non-conformances, to ensure the company meets or exceeds customer and business unit quality expectations
- Provide support to R&D for new and revised product introductions.
- Actively liaise with the Engineering & maintenance department to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards ensuring efficiency and safety standards & maximize the utilization of space designated for operations area.
- Adhere to all financial policies and procedures and minimize cost where possible without incurring risk
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity, within a team-based manufacturing environment.
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal & written
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft excel and word.
- Experienced in Technical document writing with the ability to draft clear and concise procedures using simple tools (e.g. Flow charts, images. Etc), demonstrating a detailed understanding of document control within context of Quality management system.
- Individual must be challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, quality, standard cost and expense control compliance.
- Demonstrate efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic variable environment. Previous experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!