- Reference: GJ42050
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Production
- Organisation and co-ordination of a production team to manufacture quality product on schedule and in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with GMP.
- Initiate and drive production and quality improvement projects in line with the Company requirements
- Communicate with other shifts and key stakeholders through effective shift handovers
- Escalate issues as they occur to appropriate team members in a timely manner
- Develop and execute training plans for reportees to ensure adequate cover is always available for all processes on shift
- Drive elimination of waste projects with an emphasis on yield improvement
- Collaborate with interdepartmental colleagues on lean manufacturing projects to improve productivity, efficiency and quality standards
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of multiple products in accordance with customer lead times
- Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities
- Management of production resources i.e. people, equipment, time, etc.
- Communicate with other teams on production related issue
- Maintain positive employee relation
- Completion of timely performance reviews and appraisals
- Recruitment of production employees in conjunction with HR
- Implement company policies in conjunction with HR
- Formulate and implement training plans to meet compliance, versatility and development needs
- Maintain a very high standard of housekeeping and GMP compliance
- Develop a strong team culture through communications and team leadership
- Perform operations in accordance with established safe working procedures, regulations, standards and general safety rules, ensuring that attention is given to special hazards associated with the particular area of work
- Provide information on environmental, health and safety issues to all team members
- Report and document all incidents / accidents which may occur during the course of work and carry out and assist in al investigations and follow-up.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a production supervisor or similar role
- Demonstrated organisational and planning abilities
- Experience of Quality Systems, Lean Manufacturing or six sigma an advantage
- Strong leadership, inter-personal and team skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A relevant qualification is desirable (manufacturing management / or production / engineering related discipline)
- Medical device background a distinct advantage.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Christopher O Toole on 091706713 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!