- Reference: GJ42050
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City
- Category: Production
A Production Supervisor’s role is to be responsible for the direct supervision of Production Team Members (PTM’s), meeting product quality requirements and customer shipment deadlines. To ensure that production is efficient & effective with high level of employee engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Responsible for immediate and direct supervision of production employees as a supervisor, Includes setting and measuring performance goals and conducting mid-year and end of year performance reviews
- Lead / Participate in continuous improvement activities e.g. Lean / Cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage a proactive approach to health & safety. Manage & achieve the 5S process, standards & objectives using teamwork.
- Provide project support for all phases of new product development
- Assist with training of new employees
- Effectively complete detailed production plans by identifying tasks, deliverables, timelines and assignments
- Able to balance own workload and workload of others in order to meet customer shipment deadlines
- Constant involvement with Production and Operations Management to effectively manage production teams (knows how/when to escalate issues)
- Creates and enforces quality integrity checks, coordinates the modification of processes as needed, and provides timely resolution for production quality related issues
- Applies analytical skills to proactively identify and solve business and technical problems
- Applies industry knowledge and technical experience to identify and implement process improvement
- Follows cellular manufacturing methodologies for new production lines, implementation or changes to existing production lines
- Use SAP to transact work orders
- Takes full ownership and accountability for production work
- Must be available to work overtime as requested by the manager. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to our business such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Must be available to work shift pattern i.e. 2 cycle. Depending on Production Demands.
- 2+ years supervisory/people management experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Dynamic “Hands On” individual prepared to take responsibility.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to translate and converse about technical and analytical issues to technical and non-technical contacts
- Strong technical PC skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Access, Excel, and Word
- SAP experience preferred
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick learner
- Ability to interact and supervise members in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work with personnel on all levels
- Well-developed multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to consistently changing priorities
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which our client complies.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; for the duration of their shift/working day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 5 Kg and occasionally lift and carry up to 12 Kg. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Most work is performed in a manufacturing-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
Our client is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Christopher O Toole on 091706713 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!