- Reference: CJ43076xx
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork city, Munster
- Category: Production
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day supervision of staff, organizing and monitoring of the work flow & the production processes, in line with the production targets set out in relation to efficiency, cost, quality and delivery. They will assist with materials, supply chain, planning and manufacturing functions in conjunction with the Manufacturing manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain employee safety and morale by creating a safe and efficient working environment
- Enforce health and safety, and environmental policies ensuring that legal and corporate requirements are met at all times. To include attend safety training, compliance with all company safety and work policies and report all accidents/injuries immediately to direct Manager and QEH&S Department.
- Coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives and customer expectations, through the implementation of policies and procedures while applying the company toolbox principles.
- Formally report on production outputs across several departments in a daily, weekly & monthly manner; to include analysis of data and implement of projects to improve the operational performance of the unit
- Ensure all key performance indicators are met or exceeded as specified by the business management and co-ordinate and implement continuous improvement programs
- Monitor & report to the Manufacturing Manager on KPI’s, CI Projects, Inventory levels and Production scheduling
- Maximize the efficiency of the production lines through effective material, equipment and labour utilization and establish and embrace a culture of continuous improvement.
- Carry out required administration duties for all direct staff under your supervision, which include Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc.
- Facilitate and implement in conjunction with the QEH&S manager standard operating procedures in order to meet or exceed customer and business unit quality expectations & ensure safe practice at work policy
- Implement and lead continuous improvement activities in all areas under direct responsibility through implementing change management processes and best practice.
- Provide operational support to R&D in the development of new products from concepts to commercialization
- Assume responsibility for staff scheduling to ensure required capacity is available to meet production needs, within the most efficient & cost effective manner possible.
- Liaise with the Manufacturing manager to maintain correct headcount levels through the selection and training or retraining of personnel where appropriate to ensure competence & flexibility in all areas
- Conduct formal employee performance evaluations and ensure continuous employee development
- Actively liaise with the Engineering & maintenance Department to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards ensuring efficiency and safety standards & maximise the utilisation of space designated for operations area.
- Support the Manufacturing Manager to implement the overall plant Goals
- Adhere to all financial policies and procedures and minimize cost where possible without incurring risk
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Individual must be challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, quality, standard cost and expense control compliance
- Demonstrate efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, highly automated environment.
- Previous experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment an advantage.
Personal Characteristics and Special Skills:
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on type of supervisor who possesses a high level of drive, integrity, and energy.
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
- The individual should have the ability to motivate subordinates and peers and to work toward common objectives through communications and understanding.
Minimum NFQ Level 7 in a Business, engineering or scientific discipline
A minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably within a team-based high volume manufacturing environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!