- Reference: SJ43449
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Longford, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Our client an leading company based in Longford require a Product Project Manager for their expanding business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Central point of contact for Customer on NPD Product Development and Projects
- Support Sales team on all NPD/NPI Technical Projects
- Co-ordination of all customer projects from initiation, through development, first productions and final review to ensure all sites, departments and suppliers meet critical project dates the NPI process, to include but not exclusively the following:
- Translation of customer projects into particular work streams, completing the necessary documentation to support the key functions at site level to meet the customer requests.
- Communicating and liaising with the customer, quality, R&D, sales, procurement, operations, supply chain teams and finance to ensure customer requests and projects are delivered on time and in full. Ensuring key stakeholders are fully engaged throughout the entire process.
- Management of NPI process end to end ensuring the process follows the gated process and is fully transparent and visible to all stakeholders.
- Administration of NPI/NPD documents required both internally and externally.
- Liaise with customer to ensure first production sign off.
- As part of the NPI process ensure that trials take place and modifications occur before the quality attribute sheets are raised and signed off by production, quality and the customer when appropriate.
- Manage the artwork sign off process including the issue of cutter guides, artwork generation and sign off both internally and externally. Communication with commercial and customer on the timescales and any delays.
- Ensure specifications have been completed and approved by the customer.
- Managing the sample process/pantry (core and bespoke) and ensuring samples go out on time in full
- Organisation of appropriate internal meetings.
- Post project launch post mortems or review organisation and then communication of leaning points for the future, including unsuccessful tenders
- Internal and external presentations.
- Communication of customer visits with the particular site or supplier.
- Understand each sites packaging capabilities and highlight possible gaps and opportunities that need to be further developed to meet market requirements.
- Challenge current practices and processes to develop lean project management
- Understanding of the business and customer KPI’S
- Ensure each sites internal NPI processes meet customer requirements and support optimisation when required.
- Manage the run in run out process for old to new products
- Provide technical input to sales team where appropriate.
- Communication/Liaison with appropriate site technical teams on issues raised by customer and ensuring they are responded too in a timely and robust way.
- Develop a detailed thorough knowledge of each sites products, capabilities, constraints
- Develop a detailed knowledge of pet food market in terms of brand leaders, competitors and specific customer dynamics and trends
- Where appropriate highlight best practice in NPI or execution of processes across sites
- Understand product ingredients, manufacturing and packaging processes to ensure communication with customers is meaningful and accurate.
- Develop innovation plans in conjunction with Sales and R & D teams
- Be aware of capex projects being run at site and input accordingly to ensure the project delivers customer immediate requirements and those of the future if known.
- Good project manager that is focused on delivering projects on time and in full
- Be able to translate and communicate customer requests to the appropriate teams ensuring they have the key information.
- Team Player and be able to develop relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Good communicator
- Be innovative in approach to the position.
- Continuously drive improvement.
- Computer literate.
- The ability to prepare and deliver presentations internally and externally.
- Co-ordinate effective meetings maintaining clear records
- Challenge where appropriate.
- Work on own initiative.
- Be able to travel across Europe
- Competence in Food Science, Food Processing, Legislation and Specifications, manufacturing experience
- Strategic thinker
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!