- Reference: LK44933
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Project leadership of both single site and global, high value, strategic sourcing and indirect spending projects on behalf of the strategic sourcing function.
- The provision of strategic sourcing expertise and support to the Value Engineering and Strategic Sourcing function
- Support the achievement of departmental annual targets
- Leadership and participation in Value Engineering and Strategic Sourcing workshops.
- Collaboration with corporate commodity managers on global, high value, strategic sourcing projects.
- Leadership of the selection and development of suppliers, contract and price negotiations, supplier management – strategic function.
- Direct management and leadership of the indirect spending team in EMEAI
- Identify and quantify potential cost saving purchasing measures in line with current best practice and implement same where appropriate.
- Support BC Project Teams in new product development with supplier contracts, terms and conditions.
- Develop strategic alliances with key suppliers in support of BC global business.
- Maintain purchasing department code of ethics in line with best practice.
- Participation as required at all meetings in relation to purchased item availability and supply.
- Provide leadership and direction to procurement personnel within the EMEAI commercial organisations.
- Support the sites strategic procurement process as required.
Education & Experience:
- Third level degree and/ or qualification in an appropriate discipline.
- A minimum of eight years proven experience, preferably in a GMP/FDA/IMB regulated industry.
- Proven experience in strategic sourcing/procurement, project management and project team leadership.
- Experience in a Lean Six Sigma environment is desirable.
- Mature well developed communication, interpersonal, team player and self-motivating competencies are required.
- Teamwork – must be able to lead a number of teams in getting their respective jobs done.
- Ability to Influence others – must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to action on key initiatives of the commodity team.
- Results orientation – must deliver hard savings results.
- Technical excellence – must possess the technical skills necessary to be seen as credible in Danaher by peers and managers.
- Developing organizational talent – must be able to develop commodity team members.
- Effective planning, organization, and leadership skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical background including experience with tools such as Excel & Access
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate clear vision and convey a sense of urgency
- Ability & willingness to work in a matrix organization with direct & indirect reporting relationships
- Ability & willingness to achieve excellent results with minimal supervision.
Frequent travel of up to 40% is required and may be exceed these levels at times. Travel regions will be mainly to Europe and the US.