- Reference: GY44570AO
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Works with Engineering and Operations and will be part of a core team. As a member of the core team the successful candidate will be expected to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.)
- Work with Operations Engineering to bring new products from prototype into volume production.
- Build, test, and document manufacturing and test fixtures. Also contribute to the design of manufacturing and test fixtures.
- Work with R&D and Operations Engineering to write and/or modify work instructions for manufacturing test and assembly processes.
- Perform testing to protocols, recording equipment used and results achieved in verification test reports.
- Devise, document, and maintain calibration and preventive maintenance processes for manufacturing and test fixtures.
- Troubleshoot devices and determine root causes. Write investigation reports and rework instructions.
- Set-up and perform ad-hoc engineering tests under the guidance of Operations Engineering.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardizing and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key maintenance items to minimize downtime.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- FETAC level 6 Mechanical Technician Degree or equivalent education or experience.
- A minimum of two years’ relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using electrical test equipment such as Multi-meters and oscilloscopes advantageous.
- Ability to read schematics and engineering drawings is highly desired.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Must be flexible to the possibility of shifts.
- Good communications skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office software including MS Word and Excel.
- Experience working in a medical device R&D, NPI, or manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which we comply.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org