- Reference: GY42950AO
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Limerick
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
You will serve as Manager/Project Manager within Process Sciences to support and lead operational management and optimization within Process Sciences. Act as a champion of operational efficiency and optimization within Process Sciences. Serve as point of contact between various departments and with the external vendors to support manufacturing activities, for timely communication of data, and to facilitate internal technology transfers, process improvements and investigations. The individual should be able to work with the scientific staff and senior management with ease.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serve as a primary contact for the cross-functional activities with Manufacturing, Engineering and external partners involving Process Sciences.
• Identify areas of operational improvements to reduce errors and increase organizational / operational efficiency.
• Handle and analyse large amounts of unstructured information and distill into easy-to-understand presentations and other documents.
• Involve the appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) to answer detailed information requests and help troubleshoot unexpected process performance.Experience and Required Skills:Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent communication skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite are required.
• Attention to detail while maintaining a high-level view to the processes and activities.
• Prior experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams is required.
• Prior experience in building models for optimization, scenario analysis, resource planning etc. is required.
• Working knowledge of biologics manufacturing (cell banking, cell culture and bioreactor operation, purification, and drug formulation) is required.
• Prior Project Management experience is essential.
Education and Experience:
• MSc/PhD in a technical area (Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Biochemistry) or MA/MBA in business area (General Management, Project Management, Corporate or Operations Strategy).
• 6 + years’ work experience in a Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry setting with focus on operations management and operational efficiency, or in strategy consulting with experience with operational strategy projects.
• A qualification in Project Management is desirable
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Amy O’Neill on 091-706718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!