- Reference: CJ43580
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork city, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
This role focuses on the process metrics and activities directly related to manufacturing of the various products and services offered by the company. This position requires a thorough technical understanding of these products and how they perform in order to fabricate, test and validate engineered process improvements and solutions that can be quantified through either the equipment, raw materials, methods or training programs.
Process engineering requires a team based approach that interacts with various departments from conception and design through testing, validation and product release and integration to manufacturing.
The primary responsibility of the process engineer is to design, test, ensure and establish the ‘best manufacturing practices’ that fulfill the company’s strategic goals while integrating the needs of marketing, sales and manufacturing departments, through customer backed innovation.
The Process Engineer also interacts and liaises with new product development to coordinate and integrate key, new product design elements directly related to new product testing within the manufacturing capabilities and scope towards new product development and validation.
Technical Capabilities and Background Experience:
- Hands on experience managing and integrating process improvement projects
- High technical level of experience and skill sets applied in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects (3-5) through effective time management skills
- Able to work in a team environment and foster progressive technical elements that can be functionally realized
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Process Engineer will establish an interactive baseline manufacturing perspective that allows focus on improving efficiencies that are based on the company core 80/20 principles and strategies. This foundation once established will allow for the initiation of the 80/20 tool box initiatives to become engaged towards strategic process improvement projects and scope for project focus.
The engineer will also be required to functionally execute these toolbox metrics as a common template applied towards process improvement targets and programs toward establishing the overall best manufacturing practices achievable.
The Process Engineers will create concept models and samples which are fabricated and functionally tested. The Engineer will investigate with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors within the manufacturing and developmental stages. After refining and reviewing initial models, the Process Engineer is responsible for taking the functional model from design and planning stages, through verification, and application for capital expenditure where applicable.
The Process Engineer liaises with the Global Technical Processes Manager during the divisional validation and production phases of the project to ensure seamless integration into manufacturing.
- Industry / manufacturing based experience essential
- Experience in an Engineering role in Process / Technical manufacturing development role in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Strong communication skills, problem solving, independent working
- Strong proven track record in process manufacturing and project / program management
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with suppliers to integrate our needs into product requirements, concepts and functional models
- Provide support to technical innovation across the Division as required
- Will apply understanding of customers requirement with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with best working designs / products and practices
- Understand the depth and breadth of Company product offerings across all businesses
- Will need to interface effectively and build relationships with other staff, both locally and abroad, to achieve goals.
- Domestic and international travel required to assist with project and divisional standardization
- Researches new technologies and future projects in conjunction with Manufacturing, Product Development, Sales and Marketing. Recommends new concepts and processes for commercialization.
- Manages & coordinates multiple projects from concept to functional manufacturing integration.
- Coordinates with fellow technologists within the group on technical issues, solutions and cross-organization developments.
- Collaborates with company Technology where applicable, Presents technology and project reviews as needed.
- Working with Sales, Marketing and Operations, analyzes & proposes technical solutions to customer needs & opportunities by providing alternatives, feasibilities, chances of success, recommendations for action.
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with customers to understand their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provides reports, regarding Process Improvement projects with timelines
- Understands all responsibilities regarding the Occupational Health and Safety & Environment Regulations. All safety rules must be followed and all work areas must be kept in a clean and orderly condition.
Personal Characteristics and Special Skills:
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on type of engineer who possesses a high level of drive, integrity, energy.
- Strong leadership qualities are essential.
- The individual should have the ability to motivate subordinates and peers and to work toward common objectives through communications and understanding.
- Ensures that business activities throughout the Company are conducted in a legal and ethical fashion.
- Requires a Qualified to Degree level (Minimum) in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Manufacturing) and a min of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Responsible for compliance with local country laws and programs, health and safety, and environmental regulations.
- Participates in safety committee.
- Work is normally performed in a combination of laboratory, office and plant work environments.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Rarely moves equipment, materials or lifts over 15 kgs.
- Some exposure to physical risk in lab and plant areas. Must maintain full compliance to all company safety policies and procedures established.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kaylie on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!