- Reference: SJ42811
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Process Engineer with a start-up in the Sligo region. This role is part of the R&D Division of a leading manufacturer.
- Responsible for conception and development of new processes primarily at the laboratory scale.
- Using unique laboratory equipment to develop processes around fundamental technological backbones and create scalable, capable processes for establishing new technology for advanced power source technologies
- Responsible for successful process investigations, development and design of enabling materials.
- Identify, define & control key functions of processes in an effort to develop innovative capable processes at the lab scale with demonstrated scalability to high volume manufacturing.
- Work with new and unique materials applying process development skills and capability to result in enabling processes that lead to a new highly manufacturable product or technology.
- Specify new equipment capability requirements along with developing equipment specifications to enable the integration of materials into a scalable process development framework. Support the procurement of required equipment.
- Hands on operation of existing and new lab equipment directing efforts at the development of sophisticated processes which are applied to lab initiatives.
- Coordinate the installation and facilities requirements for new equipment at the lab scale. Work with contractors and facilities owners to enable the installation of equipment in a safe and capable manner.
- Design, execute and document process experiments and create process flow documentation.
- Work with internal and external resources to execute process and equipment technology transfer in the interest of moving from the laboratory to the high volume manufacturing environment.
- Design or otherwise work with capable resources who can design tooling and fixturing necessary to execute process development work.
- Solid knowledge base in materials science.
- Experience with process engineering, process development, and a variety of basic high volume manufacturing processes.
- Strong project management skill set.
- Min level 8 Degree in an engineering discipline (ME, EE, or Chem. Eng. preferred) or applicable technical credential.
- Minimum 5 years of laboratory based process development experience.
- Excellent general maths skills.
- Experinece of technical writing.
- High level of computer competency including proficiency in most Microsoft Office Applications, and statistical applications.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description, please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email email@example.com,
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!