- Reference: AJ43851
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin West
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Process engineer for a bulk API manufacturing plant. The person will be a member of the Manufacturing Department, reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing Operations.
Process Engineer responsibilities:
- Provision of technical support to the operational areas and engineering personnel in order that operations are conducted efficiently and approved production and project schedules are achieved.
- Responsible for the Distributed Control System and other control systems in operational areas.
- Conducts incident & deviation investigations within the department for review and close out.
- Leads proactive problem solving efforts and resolves process equipment issues, diagnoses technical problems and determines short-term and long-term solutions.
- Responsible for expediting CAPA implementation pertaining to Manufacturing Operations Dept. raised incidents/deviations in line with target completion dates.
- Manages and/or supports activities to maximise value (e.g. increase revenue, reduce costs) such as (but not limited to) process optimisation, waste reduction/recycling, energy saving etc.
- Co-ordinates continuous improvement activities in the area through the application of Lean Six Sigma.
- Manages and/or supports technology transfer for new technologies and processes, as required.
Process Engineer Key Criteria for Role:
- B.S. in Engineering, Chemical / Biochemical discipline or equivalent.
- 1 to 4 years’ experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Experience in a cGMP API environment is preferred
- Be able to prioritize multiple commitments and technical projects.
- Ability to successfully progress projects independently, provide process engineering design, implementation/commissioning services and maintenance support of cGMP manufacturing.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills including Lean Six Sigma proficiency to at least Yellow Belt level.
- Is committed to continuous improvement.
- Experience of control systems (DCS, PLC) would be an advantage.
- Provision of some rostered out of hours cover is a part of the role
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!