- Reference: SJ43951
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Derry, Donegal, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Donegal, is looking to hire a Process Engineer.
- Work closely with Production Managers to resolve ongoing production issues.
- Assist Manufacturing and R&D personnel in developing new products and processes with hands on involvement.
- Lead process optimization and continuous process improvement activities.
- Assist in transition of new equipment installation to manufacturing facilities including training of production and maintenance personnel.
- Establish and maintain best practice operating procedures.
- Work with Maintenance to ensure safe, continuous operation of extrusion equipment.
- Work with design engineering staff to improve equipment performance and reliability.
- Participate in cross-functional projects with Manufacturing, Sales and R&D teams including statistical analysis, customer support and technology transfer.
- Reduce cost of existing products through process enhancement and variation reduction.
- Prior experience in polymer extrusion preferred. Plastics experience (Injection / Extrusion) / Extrusion experience (Rubber, etc) / Medical device process is preferred.
- 4 yr. Engineering Degree, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Able to understand and document a process accurately.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects.
- Project management skills.
- Continuous improvement, Kaizen, SPC, and TPM experience.
- Team environment and independent working experience.
- High degree of proficiency with computer databases, DOE and statistical analysis (Six Sigma experience highly desirable).
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!