- Reference: GY43368
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
My client is seeking a Process Engineer with responsibility for the extrusion production process. You will maintain and improve production processes by ensuring that products are produced safely and efficiently while achieving the highest level of quality with focus on maximizing profitability.
You will supervise, coach and develop a team of production operators including team leads and monitor the daily work of the team. You will regularly hold briefings with their team and will be expected to maximise productivity and efficiency with particular focus upon extrusion production KPI’s.
- Evaluate and implement continuous process improvements within current manufacturing systems to contribute towards cost saving initiatives
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Prepare samples for quality testing
- Collect, record, and transcribe data and show results in KPI reports
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process
- Provide suggestions during incident investigations and advise on corrective actions
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Maintain and further develop preventative maintenance programme to reduce machine downtime
- Maintain and develop process documentation and standard operating instructions
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, training, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Responsible for meeting production plans and schedules.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established H&S policies and procedures
- Support and direct the maintenance team to ensure machinery is running effectively and that downtime is minimised
- Collaborate with other departments in completion of tasks to ensure best practice outputs.
- Lead the application of lean tools to process data in order to complete process improvements
- Complete review, approval and close out of technical documentation including automation changes controls, automations detailed design documents, validation protocols and site standard SOPs, in line with site standard approval process
- Identify, troubleshoot, investigate and remedy process and equipment issues and incidents, using Lean Six Sigma tools as applicable.
- Lead continuous improvement projects through the identification of CAPAs from system failure investigations and investigation reports
- Lead complex multifunctional root cause analysis of system, process and equipment failures including, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 Whys Analysis etc.; oversee and implement subsequent corrective action, through the change management system
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in process engineering preferably in a manufacturing or construction environment
- Good working knowledge of extrusion processes is essential
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum requirement, ideally in Engineering, Science or other relevant technical equivalent
- Green or Black Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification advantageous
- Excellent communication skills – both fluent English verbal and written
- Excellent IT skills e.g. MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Strong knowledge of process improvement techniques such as Lean
- Resolves personnel problems by analysing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Collaboration and contribution to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Previously demonstrated strong team and communication skills, flexibility, and motivation, with a strong emphasis around safety and compliance practices
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired
- Excellent technical skills
- Innovative mind-set
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact me Amy O’Neill on 091-706718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!