- Reference: GY43035
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Fantastic opportunity to work for one of Galway’s leading medical device companies.
Process Development Engineer – Temp contract
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participate or lead in the Development, Process Characterisation and Process Qualification of equipment and processes to support new product introduction.
• Design, develop and progress a process from concept phase into commercialization phase.
• Develop solutions to complex technical problems associated with processes and equipment using problem solving techniques and methodologies.
• Collaborate and partner with PDP functions to define, execute and deliver on NPD requirements.
• Actively participate in new product development teams with specific responsibility for developing robust and capable processes, ensuring R&D and Operations needs and targets are incorporated into the plans and activities. Recommend design modifications and implement process changes early in the design phase as part of this.
• Design and develop new tooling and equipment.
• Deliver process innovation with emphasis on improving quality, reducing process variation, reducing cycle time and cost down initiatives.
• Utilise functional excellence in process development including DRM, MOS, Six Sigma, Lean, Process Characterisation, transfer and scale-up to commercial manufacturing.
• Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the PDP process.
• Actively participate in best practice continuous improvement initiatives within Process Development.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Min of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science related Discipline is required.
• Previous experience working in a comparable role desirable.
• Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the product and process development process and requirements.
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrating good organizational, presentation and project management skills. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with all functions in the organisation.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Claire O’Donnell on 091-706717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!