- Reference: GJ45667
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
As a member of a small R&D team you will have the responsibility for is responsible for developingment and maintainingenance of manufacturing processes, supporting both product development and manufacturing needs.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
Employees are expected to support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies of Lake Region medical Integer including a variety of job related tasks, which may not be specific to this position profile.
- Process Development
Primary responsibility for process development activities in assigned area, supporting the needs of new product developmentsprojects and manufacturing/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Product Development
- o Review product designs, test protocols and co-develop critical characteristics/tolerances for initial testing, validations and subsequent routine manufacturing controls.
- Participate in design evaluations where appropriate.
- Support product development builds including prototype and pre-production build
- · Participate in design evaluations where appropriate.
- Continuous Improvement Support
- o Support design and process improvement activities.y.
- o Acts as an advocate for continuous improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tool, six sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and cost savings.
- Manufacturing and Lab equipment Support
- Lead or support, troubleshooting on equipment while providing coaching and mentoring to other engineering staff. Will have prime role with respect to equipment and process safety ensuring standards are met and exceeded at all times.
- Maintain the R&D equipment and laboratories in line with GMP to support all R&D prototyping activities and pre-design verification builds.
Take the lead in troubleshooting on equipment while providing coaching and mentoring to other engineering staff. Serves as resource to other engineering disciplines in facility.
Will have prime role with respect to equipment and process safety ensuring standards are met and exceeded at all times.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering or material Science.
- 2 to 6 years of experience preferably in the medical device industries or other comparable industries (e.g. electronics, automotive etc…).
Skills And Knowledge
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintainencemaintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment to build Llake Rregion Medical products and, improve qualities and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the department as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate department policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools for improving manufacturing products and processes is an advantage e.g. DoE, statistical techniques, six sigma, minitab etc..
- Proficiency and experience in 2D and 3D CAD Modelling using Solidworks or equivalent is an advantage.
Abilkity to understand and follow appropriate department policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to Chris: email@example.com