- Reference: SJ43724
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Our client, a start-up battery manufacturing company in Sligo, are looking to hire a principle material scientist.
- The Principal Material Scientist will be responsible for performing material characterization, development of fundamental and practical battery technology and conducting lab activities to support assigned projects within research and development.
- Responsible for developing innovative materials and combinations of materials that may be patented and provide a competitive market advantage.
- Responsible for the performance evaluation of new materials or new battery technology and architectures throughout the development process from proof-of-concept to qualification.
- Proactively responds to issues related to materials quality or the characterization process and initiates resolution.
- Work closely with the Advanced Material Development Team to develop world class materials and processes which enhance the leading position of in energy storage solutions.
- Work to improve current materials and develop future materials and processes by collaborating suppliers, research institutes and strategic partners.
- Responsible for developing and validating new or existing analytical/testing methods on materials associated with product development, manufacturing process and application issues.
- Responsible for documentation of activities in laboratory notebook, equipment logbooks, test procedures, material specifications, etc.
- Support the needs of internal and external customers and suppliers as required.
- Travel to manufacturing facilities, strategic partners and suppliers is expected.
- 7+ years of experience in battery technology R&D with an emphasis on material development and characterization. Direct experience in advanced polymer separator material is a strong plus.
- Must have a MS degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science/engineering or related fields. Ph.D. degree is preferred.
- Experience in the lead-acid battery field preferred but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of operational principles of chemical laboratory instrumentation and techniques relating to existing and advanced battery technology is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with instruments for characterizing polymer (or organic compound) materials is desired.
- Excellent materials characterization skills with an interest and demonstrated ability to develop materials and integrate those materials into various products aimed at a production environment.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email email@example.com,
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!