- Reference: 44024
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Roscommon, Westmeath
- Category: Medical Devices
We are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Polymer Engineer to join a growing global medical devices organisation based in the Midlands.
Scope: Working within the manufacturing and R&D functions.
To Provide daily support of products, processes, materials, and equipment in order to achieve production goals (i.e., quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and safety).
To take responsibility for the Polymer processing or Polymer Production manufacturing and for moulding acrylic polymer.
- Analyses process, product, material or equipment specifications and performance requirements.
- Under broad supervision / guidance compiles and analyses operational, test and experimental data to establish performance standards for newly implemented or modified products / processes.
- Summarises, analyses and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Troubleshoots new products / process working closely with product development.
- Continually seeks to drive / improvements in process design, layout and operational performance.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge and application of validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements.
- Actively promotes and participates in a cross -functional teamwork environment.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Gives technical guidance to Associate Engineers and technicians.
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and Site objectives.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understands and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Degree qualified ideally in Polymer/Materials Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Strong theoretical & practical knowledge of core polymer processes including / Injection Moulding.
- Excellent technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Medical Device experience required.
- Project management experience.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 09064 78104.