- Reference: DJ 45708N
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin South, Dublin West
- Category: Marketing
We are currently sourcing a Policy and Patient Advocacy Manager who will develop company policy strategies and advocacy campaigns in the area of Oncology/HCV.
- Analysis of the external environment and advising brand teams on emerging and existing healthcare policies and trends, how they affect the operating environment, and where opportunities and challenges lie in the Oncology /HCV.
- Developing strong relationships with the patient organizations who work in these franchise area and helping them build their advocacy and policy capability.
- Understand the strategic direction of the advocacy groups and advise on alignment of the company strategies and to meet the needs of the patients represented by the advocacy groups.
- Collaborate and develop agreements with patient organisations on campaigns that improve the standard of care and ensure access to healthcare services and treatment.
- Developing and implementing multi stakeholder programmes in conjunction with other members of the brand team where consensus is achieved on what is needed to improve patient care.
- Building relationships with key decisions makers( political, policy, medical, patient groups) and forming coalitions to provide consultation to Government on key issues and priorities in Oncology/HCV.
- Maintain sharp understanding of business goals and strategies and working with the brand teams to develop programs.
- Develop and implement strategies to develop relationships with stakeholders and key influence groups with the primary target being patient organizations but also including politicians, the HSE, government agencies,professional associations, industry associations and the broader healthcare environment.
- Continually deepen understanding of healthcare environment. Maintain Stakeholder mapping, understanding of health agenda and legislation.
- As a member of the Oncology/HCV Brand Teams Increase Brand Teams understanding of, and participation in, the policy-making and political processes.
- Embed policy and advocacy environmental analysis, strategy and action plans into Brand Plans, prioritize and ensure buy-in from Brand Teams.
Education & Experience:
- 6 plus year’s experience in either policy and advocacy, patient advocacy, government affairs, public affairs or public policy in private or public sector (pharmaceutical or other pertinent health care industry is strongly desired but not essential.)
- Possess a 3rd level degree in a relevant discipline
- Previous work experience in a highly matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to develop and convey strategies, policies, and action plans.
- High degree of strategic thinking, decision-making, and tactical skills to develop broad strategy and policy options and recommendations to address brand and patient issues.
- Proven ability to coordinate internally within an organisation and externally with stakeholders to deliver advocacy campaigns.
- Strong skill in understanding the needs of patient advocate groups and the ability to identify appropriate activities to create interest, meet their needs, provide solutions while building trust and relationships.
- Well-developed networking and influencing abilities to leverage relationships within and outside the company.
- Ability and confidence to interface well with and build relationships with senior health policy influencers (Politicians, Civil Servants, Patient Groups, Clinical Associations, Professional Representative Bodies, etc).
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills.
- Understanding of how public policy decisions are made and influenced
- Previous involvement and success in influencing policy and strong knowledge of the process.
- Experience in using the range of possible advocacy tools available to influence key targets, and their applicability in a complex situation.
- Proven experience of external representation and direct lobbying of high-level targets
- Ability to synthesise complex information into concise and compelling policy briefing notes and advocacy documents.
- Proven commercial acumen together with excellent negotiating and networking skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare environment key stakeholders desired but not essential
- Deep knowledge of national political and policy environment and public health policy. Understanding of funding and reimbursement systems desired
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!