- Reference: SJ43882
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cavan, Monaghan, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Our client, a leading company in Cavan, is seeking a Plant Microbiologist for an initial 9 month contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/she will be responsible for developing, reviewing and delivering the Plant cGMP Hygiene Training.
- This function will have the responsibility to maintain and review the plant Pest Control Programme.
- This role will actively participate in plant auditing programme especially in the area of cGMP and micro control. He/She will actively participate in the plant HACCP team providing clear and valuable contribution with regard to Microbiology and appropriate controls needed.
- The function will carry out general Laboratory Management duties ensuring adherence to GLP and aseptic techniques.
- Assist other departments in identification of products and processes that may help overall hygiene improvements.
- Co-ordination, maintenance and reporting of plant environmental programme to management.
- Expected to ensure micro technology is reviewed against best practice and research possibility of rapid test methods suitable for use.
- Continuous research activities including contact with regulatory AISD, AIQA and Ross DQA.
- This function is responsible for developing and maintaining the plant swabbing programme.
- The Plant Microbiologist will ensure all laboratory equipment is calibrated and serviced as required.
- He/she will be responsible for preparing and reporting metrics to the plant and trending results.
- The Plant Microbiologist is also responsible for monitoring Exception reports and ensuring root cause analysis is identified.
- This Job function will change where update procedures to cGMP, EHS, Technical / New Equipment, Quality Procedures & SOP’s are made.
- This list of responsibilities may change depending on plant needs and employees are expected to be adaptable and flexible were this need arises.
- This function will cover Laboratory Manager duties as the need arises.
- Strong understanding of compliance and quality standards.
- Very good understanding of the microbiological techniques & methods used.
- Very good knowledge of the plant and all swabbing locations.
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Degree level education or equivalent, three years manufacturing experience in a quality assurance function within a regulated environment, excellent interpersonal and computer skills and the ability to work as an effective member of a high performance team. Degree in Microbiology or equivalent.
Shift: Day Shift
For further details, please contact Colin Byrne on 071-9142411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View all our jobs at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie