- Reference: CJ44601
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
Duties & Responsibilities
- Day-to-day effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Liaise with the work zone supervisors across all shifts as part of a daily team meeting to coordinate, plan and review the activities and performance of the production personnel.
- Plan, organise and execute the production schedules to meet customer and site requirements and optimise production.
- Oversee work areas and plant management to include all aspects of housekeeping and repair & maintenance.
- Proactively, through the use of team meetings and other communication and management tools, develop and monitor the daily, weekly and monthly achievement of the production team goals and targets for each production zone.
- Build a motivated, competent and results focused team, developing a culture of continuous improvement within the department.
- Manage performance of direct reports and ensure actions, improvements and decisions emanating from these reviews are carried out in a timely manner.
- Organise, implement and maintain a recruitment, induction, training (including versatility training) & development programme to ensure staff are fully capable of performing their duties efficiently and safely.
- Ensure that a right first time Quality focus is practiced in the Production Department.
- Take responsibility for resolving and remedying any CAPA’s raised against the respective areas.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement, Lean and Six Sigma initiatives and processes in all areas of the Production Department.
- Identify and evaluate areas where cost reductions can be effected. Interact with other departments of the company including design, engineering and site to continuously streamline the entire work process.
- Ensure minimum loss through damage, waste and reject.
- Liaise with the sales, design, finance and other departments on new product and process development matters including costing analysis, feasibility studies, new product introduction and customer trials.
- Manage HR matters associated with Production Department employees.
- Maintain company Health and Safety standards
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment
- Degree in Production, Mechanical or Engineering or equivalent essential.
- PC literate and strong knowledge of inventory systems, MRP and visual management tools.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a challenging environment.
- Strong leadership skills and can demonstrate success in managing change, developing the team, and confronting performance issues
- Knowledge of ISO/QS9000 Quality Standards, Six Sigma/Lean qualifications & experience preferred.
- Highly motivated and hands-on
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!