- Reference: 45376
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Laois, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Title: Inventory Planner
Our client is seeking a Planner who will be responsible for analyzing inventory utilization, publishing field inventory metrics, assisting with field inventory audits, and performing inventory reconciliations.
Additional duties will include:
- Monitor inventory consigned to Field Sales Associates and Distributors on a daily / monthly basis.
- Develop and improve company policies and procedures for field inventory management.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Field Sales Associates and Distributors regarding field inventory discrepancies.
- Review, investigate and resolve field inventory discrepancies and disputes related to transferred, returned, lost, or damaged inventory.
- Initiate consignment audits and research, resolve and/or report any resulting inventory discrepancies.
- Compile documentation for Accountability Program and escalate to Consignment Manager.
- Assist in activities related to month, quarter and year-end inventory reconciliations, including inventory transfer and write-off transactions.
- Collaborate with Field Sales, Finance, Sales Operations & Support, Distribution and Repair Centres to reconcile inventory transactions and discrepancies.
- Provide reminders for expiring field inventory.
- Manage/update system data to indicate any field inventory that a Sales Associate has been approved to keep in their possession by Sales Management.
- Monitor loaner pool inventory consigned to Field Sales Associates and Distributors and provides reminders for loaner pool inventory not returned within required time periods.
- Prepare inventory reports; analyze and summarize inventory data.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Cross-train to serve as backup for other consignment analysts.
The succesful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in inventory management, inventory control or supply chain functions.
- APICS or equivalent certification.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to meet departmental and company goals.
- Proven ability to organize, analyze and present data and relate findings to business objectives.
- Solid business acumen and effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Focused on customer satisfaction.
- Able to execute multiple tasks within tight timelines.
- Adaptable to change within a fast paced, matrix environment.
- Be available for travel as and when needed to meet departmental and company goals.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!