- Reference: GY43808AO
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Mayo
- Category: Production
The Packaging Manager will manage the Packaging Supervisory Team to ensure that the agreed Packaging Schedules are met while meeting required Quality and Safety standards. The Manager will support, develop and challenge his team to continuously improve the Packaging process leading to improved COG’s, improved quality standards and reduced Customer Lead time.
- To provide guidance and support to the Packaging Supervisors/Team Leads in Packaging Operations.
- Manage and evaluate department budgets projects and audits.
- Responsibility for the training, motivation, development and recruitment of staff.
- Manage the completion of Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Support the completion and integration of packaging projects.
- Investigation of non-conformances within the Packaging areas.
- Ensuring compliance of the departments to local, regulatory and legislative requirements regarding health, safety and the environment.
Education and Experience/Knowledge:
- Third level Science/Engineering qualification or equivalent work experience at Supervisory level.
- Ability to manage and work in conjunction with a large number of personnel.
- Knowledge of Packaging procedures would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Ability to motivate and achieve results.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Capacity to adopt and implement change.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Relationship Building: establishing excellent working relationships with direct reports through a hands on approach and giving clear and concise instruction.
- Communication: excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and oral – ability to present production data in a clear and concise manner to team members, managers and SLT.
- Planning & Organising: excellent analytical skills. Ability to plan and schedule.
- Decision Making: identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities whilst providing a viable solution.
- Adaptability; Able to work in a fast, dynamic, environment whilst being able to adjust readily to meet unexpected constraints.
- Passion for results: – Drive, high energy, maturity, and ability to work under pressure and deliver results; get things done (an action-oriented approach); overcome obstacles.
- Receptivity to feedback – Receptive to the ideas of others and welcome and accept constructive feedback, display humility where appropriate.
- Culture fit: Have a people centred approach to their management style whilst upholding the values and ethos of the company
Other requirement (i.e. travel)
- Undertake any training or travel that the role may require
COMPLIANCE AND INTEGRITY
You will be responsible for conducting your activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com