- Reference: CJ44030
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
- To ensure that production is efficient and effective.
- Environmental Health & Safety of manufacturing personnel, ensuring that all employees are adequately trained, aware of, and complying with EHS procedures
- Continuously improve the performance of the business unit.
- Engage and participate on delivery of all the BU KPI’s
- Promote and be a key stakeholder of lean manufacture and visual management within the production environment.
- Core Time and Attendance System.
- Ensure that Quality standards are achieved and maintained in the manufacturing areas.
- Expediting production, maximising efficiencies and meeting KPI’s.
- Provide direction and support to manufacturing team members.
- Communicate & keep team updated on all matters relevant to the business and cell in a timely and appropriate means.
- Ensure that training happens according to the process instructions and that skill versatility targets are met and maintained.
- Provide production plan updating for daily production meetings.
- Ensure that employees are aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures across all shift patterns.
- Maximise efficiencies and performance across all manufacturing areas.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained in compliance with the 5 Pillars Program
- Liaise with the Warehouse and Distribution to ensure material is transacted correctly and on time.
- Establish and encourage a strong teamwork culture within the cell.
- Co-ordinate shift handovers.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional and cross-divisional process improvement initiatives.
- A minimum of 2/3 years supervisory/people management experience in a high volume manufacturing environment required.
- Third level technical qualification or extensive experience in a technical environment required.
- Production process troubleshooting experience required.
- Dynamic “hands-on” individual prepared to take responsibility.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ISO/QS9000 and FDA Quality standards.
- Good working knowledge of MRP.
- High level of PC skills required.
- Self starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!