- Reference: LK221166
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Hotel & Catering
Our client a leading company in the Mid-West is seeking an Operations Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience as an Operations Manager in the hotel/hospitality industry.
- Ensuring full compliance to all Operating SOP’s, policies, controls, procedures and service standards within the company
- Facility management – ensuring physical building and all work areas are maintained to a high standard. Performing weekly audits on the property
People Management and Leadership
- Ensure leadership all over all teams across the business
- Work closely with Senior Management team to build and develop on existing teams
- Work closely with HR in terms of any employee relations issues/recruitment etc.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times in accordance with the Employee Handbook
- Ensuring all staff are wearing correct uniform, names badges
- Preparing rosters for food and beverage team
- Conducting appraisals with staff
- Exceptional customer service provided at all times
- To ensure all customers are provided with high standard of quality through training and monitoring of staff
- To monitor customer feedback regularly
- Ensuring systems are in place to handle all customer queries efficiently and promptly
- Work closely with General Manager on all business planning
- To have thorough understanding of agreed company budgets and compile weekly, monthly and yearly statistics/budgets as requested by General Manager and Finance department
- To monitor and control weekly labour costs
- To submit weekly staff hours to payroll department for processing
- To assist in maintaining budgeted gross profit percentage
- To ensure stock wastage is minimised and to ensure adequate control measures are in place and maintained
Health & Safety
- To ensure the company complies with all Health & Safety legislation
- To act as the main point of contact when dealing with all accidents and incidents, to ensure that all are investigated and reported to the relevant people and to assist in providing all relevant backup.
- To ensure that all documentation is sent to insurance company.
- To follow up on risk assessments
- To Chair the monthly Health & Safety meeting.
- To follow up on any risk assessments that are carried out by an GN appointed Risk Assessor
- To comply with all health, safety and welfare statutory requirements and to ensure that all your team are fully trained in Fire Evacuation Procedures.
- To work alongside the Maintenance to develop and maintain a Preventative Maintenance Log.
- To ensure that all outside contractors complete a sign in log & provide insurance documentation where necessary.
- Monitor maintenance progress, FFFE ( Furniture, Furnishings and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to General Manager
- To work with General Manager and Maintenance Manager in negotiating maintenance contracts.
- To review the Hotels current position in terms of Waste Management costs, measures and contracts.
- To work with various departments in assessing the current waste costs
- To introduce initiatives designed to reduce the amount of waste produced by the hotel.
- To consistently review existing waste management initiatives and practices and make necessary improvements.