- Reference: CJ43707
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick, Limerick City, Munster
- Category: Production
An exciting opportunity for someone with strong experience in a manufacturing and production background. The chosen candidate will held responsible for the daily management of the manufacturing unit, maintaining positive employee relations climate and also identifying and introducing new technologies and process improvements.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
- Effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Establish performance targets for the Business Unit, and monitor actual Business Unit performance against targets.
- Promote & Engage lean manufacture & Visual Management concepts within the business.
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements (FDA, ISO, EH&S, etc.)
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving and process improvements whilst addressing obstacles.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets.
- Maintain and improve GMP standards and promote quality compliant culture.
- Hold scheduled meetings with employees to review Business Unit Performance and identify operational issues, corrective actions and responsibilities.
- Report on Business Unit Performance at Monthly Business Review, covering all aspects of the Business Unit Performance.
- Provide training and coaching for team members to ensure that technical and team-based skills are acquired, applied and maintained by cell members.
- Actively promote company culture, mission & values.
- At least 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment (Medical Device background desirable but not essential).
- Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent essential.
- PC literate and strong knowledge of inventory systems, MRP and measurement tools essential.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
- You must be someone who is challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, inventory management, standard cost and expense control and quality/GMP compliance
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, aggressively results-oriented environment.
- Strong leadership skills, persuasive but firm and decisive when necessary, and can demonstrate success in managing change, developing the team, and confronting performance issues (such experience in a unionized environment an advantage but not essential).
- Competent in preparing business strategies and implementing action plans.
- An excellent team player that can leverage the abilities of all personnel working within the business unit.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!